Sweaty Underarms And Freezing Hands

mkoven

Guest brianala

Hah! Yep, me too.

I'm still new to all this and I find that just about every thread I read I find new things I didn't even realize were connected. I'm saying, "Wow, me too!" quite a lot.

I have had the hardest time finding a deodorant/antiperspirant that will even work. I finally caved and paid $10 for the clinical strength stuff and it seems to do the job.

My husband got me a pair of these fingerless gloves to wear while I'm at work to keep my hands warm while I type.

I keep fingerless gloves at work too!! The doctors have told me the key is keeping your hands from getting cold, like in the grocery store in the frozen aisles etc because its once they get cold that you can't warm them no matter what. Have you tried drysol? Its a prescription deodorant. It smells really bad and burns but it you can tolerate it, it does help. You put it on before you go to bed and wash it off in the shower in am. With insurance its only $10 for a bottle.. my pcp gives me the prescriptions but I think you can ask a dermatologist for it too. If you try it, before you put it on use the hair dryer on the cool setting for a few seconds on each armpit (sounds crazy but the doctor suggested it bc it was burning and itchy so bad I couldn't sleep) and it did help.

Hi,

Chiming in a little late, but wanted to say that I too have always sweated an extraordinary amount on my core (underarms and back), but at the same time can have cold hands. But, at least I used to, frequently have the extreme sweating without the cold hands. For a while my hands seemed like they were one of the places all my body heat escaped, I used to never have cold hands. Now they are ice cubes! :blink:

I have extremely cold AND sweaty hands and feet. Sometimes the sweat will actually drip from them! Quite disgusting really, like a slug or fresh fish. It's really embarrassing if I have to shake someone's hand. I actually had a doctor ask me once if there was no hot water when I washed my hands (I hadn't just washed them :blink: ) My neurologist has seen it and shown it to one of his students, having her feel my hands, then my forearm (which was warm.) He says it is neuropathic. At Vandy the nurse actually mentioned that the isolated hand that had not been plunged into the icy torture of the cold pressor test was actually colder than the one that had. :P I don't sweat in a usual pattern either. It takes a lot to get the normal parts to sweat now, I was the only one at the 4th of July picnic that didn't sweat! B)

I think I otherwise sweat appropriately. During my new work out regime, I sweat from my face, chest, legs, and I see droplets on my forearms. But the sweaty underarms is always independent of exertion, and tthe cold hands independent of ambient temperature. My hands and feet actually are FREEZING when I get a massage.

Sometimes I'll wake up at night absolutely drenched in sweat from my chest, but my hands and feet will actually be purple they're so cold -- even with ski socks on!

In the day, I will have sweaty underarms, although not necessarily what I would consider a wildly unusual amount -- it only seems unusual given my hands are ice cold at the same time. If I were a naturally warm person (like my boyfriend, for example) I wouldn't think my sweating at all unusual. But, considering my teeth are often chattering and I can't move my hands half the time, yet I'm STILL sweating under my arms, yes, that seems strange to me.

I just shower frequently, and change my shirt in the middle of the day. Since I know this happens, I can plan ahead, and if I know I have a meeting coming up or something, I keep a fresh shirt handy in my car. And I ALWAYS have gloves on. I have several pairs of gloves with just the tips of the fingers cut off, and they are a godsend. I also use those disposable hand-warmers that are made for skiing. I use them in july when I'm sitting outside, but hey, whatever works, right? :blink: