Need help

colejr08

Since Dr. Grubb is apparently booked until May 2005 and my current Dr. is stumped on where to go with my NCS. I have decided to do some research on my own and maybe he will look into my findings.

I have tried the following medications:

Zoloft

Prozac

Metopropol

Fludrocortisone

Midodrine

He does not want to try a pacemaker at this time.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a medication or treatment that they have had success with?

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Brad

Brad, I have two suggestions to share with your physician. First, take a peek at the following DINET page on treatments:

http://www.dinet.org/what_helps.htm

and secondly, print out the free pdf download of the NDRF handbook on dysautonomias--it goes over treatment choices.

http://www.ndrf.org/NDRFHandbook.htm

pay particular attention to section A, "treatments for dysautonomias".

It's good to hear that your doc is trying so hard to work with you. There are several lines of treatments that you haven't tried, so I hope the two of you manage to find something that gives you many good days ahead :rolleyes: Nina

Edited by MightyMouse

Brad,

I just wanted to wish you luck! It can be frustrating when you have to wait so long for an appointment, but hopefully you'll be able to see his associate sooner.

In the meantime, be sure to keep up your fluids, sodium, and get plenty of rest/sleep- and exercise if you are able. Hope you are feeling well!