Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mom4cem

Tachy Will Trying To Enjoy The Snow With My Daughter..

It snowed a nice bit here and my daughter wanted to meet her friends and go sledding. I've been feeling fairly well lately so I agreed and took her.

One of her friends threw a snowball at me and I, unfortunately, ran down the hill and chased this kid to the bottom of the hill with some snow. As fun as that was for my daughter and friends to watch, what an idiot I was for doing that. I walked back up the hall and when I stopped I noticed how fast my heart was beating and how hard I was breathing. I sat in the car, my hands were shaking and had to take another 1/4 beta to try to slow it down. It worked after a about 30 min,,it started to slow, but boy have I had adrenaline swirling around my body all the rest of the afternoon, last night and today. Reflux kicked in to boot.

It really bothers me that I can't do something as simple as that without potentially throwing myself into an episode and paying for it for days. So even thought my hr is ok with the beta I feel hyper, like my heart will race anytime, wired and tired.

Arrgh, tried to have some fun with my daughter and paid the price. Guess from here on in it's sitting in the car and watching..boo. ;) This stinks!!!

You start to miss all the simple things you took for granted before. :(

It is frustrating. I feel for you. I just hope we all heal, eventually - I'm sure we'll never be the people who take all the little things for granted.

I'm sorry that having a bit of fun has to be ruined by having a set back.

Even if it doesn't last that long, it's still a reminder on how limted we can be, and it stinks!

It's sad, and it can leave you feeling so isolated at times. I would love to find out the mechanism on how our bodies can fail us like this, and go into such an overstimulated state.

What I would do to have my old frisbee days back. :D

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

I know how hard it is to not be our "remembered self". That adrenaline rush is the pits and the fact that we feel like crap for so long afterwards really makes us pause before venturing to the edge of our symptoms the next time.

But each time we take that leap we have an opportunity to test our wings, otherwise we would never know when we could fly. Congratulations on getting out in the snow. You daughter will remember the day as one of total success and laughter, even though your cellular memories have a different story.

{{{{{{{gentle hugs and virtual snow angles your way}}}}}}}}}