Arrythmias

jjpots

I had 3-4 days in a row when I had some really weird arrythmias. I was wondering if this is a POTS thing or if maybe my cardiomyopathy is acting up. I think everyone feels those weird skipped beats or occasional "heavy" beats but this was different. It lasted for much longer over 1/2 hour and they actually made me jump a few times because they were so "heavy" and irradic. I had my husband put his hand on my chest and he felt them too. Like I said, it was different because of the intensity and the duration.

Anyone experience something like this?

JJH

I did think about that but I couldn't really do an event monitor while at work because it's too fast paced and I don't hink I could keep calling in the send them every 5 events. Plus, my work doesn't know about my "issues" as I call them and I would like to keep it that way. The problem with a 24 hr. holter is not every day is a bad one so how do you decide when to do one? Do they have holters that are more than 24 hrs?

Thanks!

Jen

I had a holter for 7 days once.

I also at one time had an external loop recorder on for 6 weeks (it was like wearing a holter but it only stored an ECG if I pushed the button). Must admit my skin got really sore from wearing electrode stickers for so long!

If you don't pass out with your palpitations then you could get a cardio-memo. I had one for a while (not much use as when getting my arrhythmia I was almost unconscious). I think with those you can send the data down the phone when you get a chance (can be the next day).

If you get a spell that is lasting a long time it might be a good idea to go to the ER and get an ECG recorded / get put on a monitor for a couple of hours. My cardiologist wrote me a letter saying I could just walk into the ECG department and get an ECG done if I was having palpitations.

Hope you find a way to catch the rhythm on paper.

Flop

Thanks for the info guys! I guess I never thought of just waiting to send the recording until no one is around or until I get home. I've never heard of the other things. I'll have to bring them up when I go in next time. I'm going in for an MRI of my heart on Monday so my cardiologist can check the scar tissue I have from my previous cardiomyopathies. I wonder if that would be able to answer any questions about those weird rhythms???

Thanks again,

Jen