Florinef Has Ruined My Life

jenwic

On 12/22/2008 at 3:01 PM, jenwic said:

I had my potassium level checked the night I ended up in the ER after I took the first Zoloft. The dr. said it was a little low but not too bad (probably from my heart racing nonstop for days, he said) so he gave me one potassium horse pill tablet to swallow. I also had my potassium checked for a couple of months off and on when I first started the florinef a few years ago and it was fine then.

I tried Singulair two different times and both times I woke in the middle of the night with my heart racing, adrenaline surges, chills and shakes, and runs to bathroom with diahrrea due to heart rate being up. I couldn't tolerate it. I used to be on a different, older medicine similar to Singulair but my current allergist won't let me take it because she is afraid of liver damage since I'm on steroids ( I don't understand that) so she put me on the Pulmicort.

Before my POTS diagnosis I went through a bunch of test on all my glands and they all came back normal.

Thank you all so much for your input. I am going to search on line for info on the topics you brought. I would love to get off of the florinef if I could.

Your reaction to singulair is the same reaction I get to so many things... NyQuil included. I’ve never known someone else to have the same thing as I do, kind of nice to know I’m not alone!

thanks for sharing and I hope you feel better 

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I HATE this medicine!! It LITERALLY put me into acute heart failure! In November 2023 I was tested at the Cleveland Clinic and it showed HFpEF because my pressures were elevated. I told them it was the Florinef. I stopped and restested and now I'm not in heart failure. That medicine was so bad for me!