Hyperhidrosis

My daughter does and it is a real concern for her. She wears tank tops all year round.

I use to sweat ... but in recent years I seem to have stopped completely. I rarely even wear deodorant any more.

However I do have bed sheet soaking night sweats. Only on my chest/back never legs or arms. But I not only have to change what I am wearing but I drench the blankets as well. Ahhhh the joys of perimenapause. :angry:

Yep, but unlike EM's daughter, I still feel the cold! No doubt you have tried the special antiperspirants in the pharmacy (with an aluminium compound, I think?) which can help, particularly if you are at the point where you are self conscious from the marks on clothes. For me, they just shift the problem elsewhere so I don't use them all that often, but can be useful in summer. If hyperhidrosis is a big problem, you could consider botox injections.

Hi,

I sweat from head to toe so much that I have to change clothes during the day. I even sweet in the winter when it's 0 F. So I have to be very careful not to catch a cold. All my family members who have the disorder sweat as much as if we just came out of the shower.

Yesterday I looked in the mirror and it looked like I had applied lip-gloss to my mustache. So gross. I sweat a lot there even when I'm not moving.

Actually, now I have my dysautonomia symptoms under better control I do sweat less than I did, but still more than the average person.

This may just be me, but I have restarted yoga and one of the benefits for me is that it really improves my temperature regulation and I actually feel warm a lot of the time and don't need to wear so many clothes.

Otherwise, you'll have to hope it swings to the other extreme and you stop sweating. Has happened to some of my relatives.

I'm so thankful all these new clinical strength deodorants have come out recently, I have found a couple new favorites. I used to depend on Secret Platinum Protection since high school, but it looks like they're phasing that out for the new stuff.

• 3 years later...

i have this quite badly under my arms, down my back, under my breasts and between my legs. ironically my feet and hands hardly sweat at all.... usually these are the sweatiest parts of the body :lol:

i treat my with a special super strong deoderant called Perspirex thats basically aluminium in a solution thats applied before bed and washed off in the morning. it itches like mad and can leave me with a rash if i use it too often without a break so i try and only use it when i absolutely need it. i've heard that some people get botox injections to stop them sweating if its particularly bad, although i dont think mines bad enough at the moment to be treated like that, but it may help others with this condition as some people sweat massively and none stop :)

fi

I also over sweat. When I had my sweat test they said I sweat more than 3x the normal amount. It seems to come and go, though, in severity, but I haven't found a pattern. It can be a nuisance. I feel like I go through clothes way too quick. I hate buying "nice" clothes because I know they're going to get ruined. I have bought underarm sheilds to help protect my good clothing, and they are a good alternative. This body doesn't need anymore toxins, like aluminum, in it so I don't use those "special" deoderants. I just keep trying to accept it and stop being self-conscious about it....