Shiver/tremor While Eating

Chrissy

I get shivers/tremors all the time for no reason. But it never fails when I'm eating or anticipating eating I start to shake mildly, but uncontrolably. Not sure the connection. Anyone else have this?

I get shivers/tremors all the time for no reason. But it never fails when I'm eating or anticipating eating I start to shake mildly, but uncontrolably. Not sure the connection. Anyone else have this?

I shiver for qite a while after taking Midodrine and I've always taken Midodrine not too long before I eat the 3 main meals of the day. However, I never shake.

Mary P

I don't take Midodrine. I guess it is more of a shiver, but it is bad enough to be noticable to the people around me.

I used to shiver and tremor ALL the time before I started treatment...now that my symptoms are more under control it occurs far less commonly, probably only once a day, when it used to be almost constant. Now I get the shivers commonly around meal times. I think that this is related to POTS in your case as well, as my doctor at Mayo believes it is.

I hope it starts to go away for you in time with treatment, I know its annoying!!!

Have you checked your blood sugar? I use to shake a whole lot more before I started to track mine and learned I was reactive hypoglycemic. Digestion is still a huge thing for me. I do much better if I eat small meals throughout the day. I think it may simply take too much blood volume to break down a large meal at one sitting. I tend to lie down after eating and it helps with the post pranial pots.

Good luck finding something that works for you.

This use to happen to me more so before I was on a beta blocker. Also eating more meals a day but smaller amounts might help?? I still get the shivers/tremors bad if I get any sort of adrenaline reaction, ie., suprised, startled, shocked, excited, etc. The other night it was snowing and we sort of lost control of the van while we were driving for a bit due to snow conditions and than about a few minutes later, I started shaking to where my teeth were chattering and it lasted for about 20 minutes. I was in church so I couldn't exactly do much about it but to just let my body do it's thing :rolleyes: So yes, it is a POTS thing and possible a beta blocker or a benzo may decrease the frequency it happens.