Flop In Hospital Too...must Be Going Around

MightyMouse

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up to 850mls !!!!!!

The nurses tell me that it is a really good sign that my kidneys are producing urine again as they had completely failed for 48 hours. The doctors are not going to do the evening haemofiltration session but take several blood tests to see what happens to me urea and creatinine on their own. Please keep your fingers crossed that the numbers start to come down on their own.

Flop

Dearest Flop--so glad to hear that you are on the mend. I'm hoping and praying things will only continue to improve. I'm so very sorry you had to endure all this, but I'm also very glad you kept your sense of humor and your positive attitude. We are all pulling for you and we all need you here...... Keep us posted and we will keep you in our thoughts. Hugs to you (((((((((FLOP))))))))))))

Susan :rolleyes:

Hi,

good news I am still making urine and the blood test for my kidney function that they took an hour ago is better than the one they took 4 hours ago.

Despite everything that has happened in the last week I'm feeling remarkably okay. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes, they mean a lot to me. On that line please send all your positive energies and prayers to Sunfish, she's really sick right now and needs all the encouragement we can give her.

Get better soon Sunfish!

Flop

Geez, I stay away for a week and everyone misbehaves! Glad those kidneys are working again flop! They are very lazy and it doesn't take much for them to stop and take a rest, but the one nice thing about them is they usually perk back up with a bit of coaxing. I'm glad you are doing better and hope that you can get home soon. Maybe the doctors will think about leaving things till it's "convenient" next time...mamamorgan

Hi everyone here's a quick update for you all.

I'm continuing to improve and now that I'm minus most of my tubes/wires I am on a normal ward. My kidney function has dramatically improved so the doctors hope that there has been no lasting damage to them. My hip has stayed put since the surgery but they are going to wait several weeks before doing the CT scan as the IV contrast is pretty hard on the kidneys and I don't want them upsetting again. Because of the long wait before having my hip put back and then being stuck in bed in ITU my mobility is poor. I'm having physio and have been on my feet with a zimmer frame today. I'm pestering the nurses to spend 5 mins with me to practice standing/sitting as often as I can to get my strength back. I think that once I'm walking okay and can get up and down the stairs they will let me go home (I live alone in a flat with no lift so I need to be pretty mobile and independent).

Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers,

Flop

so glad to hear that you're well on your way to recovery, that your kidneys are well on their way back from vacation, & that you're at least heading in the right direction in terms of moving around. i'm continuing to send prayers & good thoughts across the pond for continued recovery so that you're soon back to the best you can be!

hang in there & stay strong!

B) melissa

p.s. i've been in kidney failure twice & have been lucky that my kidneys have been as stubborn as i am & come back with only a bit of residual damage - none that requires treatment - so i'll ask my kidneys to send their positive healing powers & strength to your kidneys!!!

Hi,

no real news from me (not much happens on a sunday unless it is an emergency), Thank you for all the support and good wishes. There have been a couple of questions so I'll answer those. Surgery - the orthopaedic doctors managed to get my hip back under GA without having to make any incisions so no wounds to heal on the outside (but plenty of tendons and ligaments on the inside). Meds - initially I was switched over to IV meds so that they could attempt to control my haywire BP and HR, now that I'm able to eat and am on a normal ward I'm back on my usual tablets.

Take care,

Flop

PS - Melissa I hope my kidney's are taking tips from yours, they'll do my bloods again tomorrow to see how they are getting on.