Flop In Hospital Too...must Be Going Around

MightyMouse

Hi all, please send you best good healing energy flop's way--she's in the Brittish equivalent of the ICU after having a black out and dislocating her hip. They've not been able to get it back in and it will likely be Monday at the earliest before they can attempt again...

With permission, I am posting this request to send her your wishes--she needs them! Right now we've got 2 of our 5 admin/moderating team in the hospital... along with a few of our regular posters. I have a firm belief that good thoughts have power so if you can muster them, they will be most appreciated.

with love, Nina

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of you dear, Flop. You're having quite a long and painful week (to put it ever so mildly!). I hope that everything will go well on Monday with getting your hip back in place, and I hope that until then they can keep you as comfortable as possible.

Lots of love and prayers,

Rachel

Oh boy, I was conscious the last two times mine dislocated (either hip each time ><), so I can't imagine the shock and pain poor flop had when she came-to. Oy. I'm so sorry, I hope they're able to get it back in with no complications and as little pain as possible!

According to flop's family, basically all medical care stops except for basics like pain meds and fluids over the weekends, so poor flop is pretty much heavily medicated until Monday arrives.

Let's all hope they can get that hip back in without complications first thing on Monday am so that our flop can get out of the hospital ASAP... and also, here's to our Sunfish getting better too. What a week!

Nina

Hey, Flop. Here's sending gentle hugs your way as you and the doctors work towards a quick, but comfortable, recovery.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE...

Can you feel that healing hug I'm sending? I hope so--it took all of my breakfast burger and veggies to do it. :)

Blessings, dear Flop.

Lindajoy

I just wanted to let everyone know that flop's sister said she will be checking the forum and can pass on messages and wishes to flop over the phone.

Flop, I'm sorry you have to have such a long weekend of waiting. Thinking of you..... I hope that Monday comes quickly and that your hip can be put back in place.

Rachel

miss flop -

i'm here hanging in with you in hospital land across the ocean...have my own painful packed wound but i do NOT envy your hip situation (& the accompanying pain). while hospitals here in the US definitely do slow down to a large extent on the weekends as well it sounds like yours do so even more so as i cannot imagine that you & your poor hip are being left as they are for days! you certainly have my prayers, good wishes, hospital-land empathy, gentle hugs, etc. & i hope that the worst of things is soon over for you, that you're being kept as comfortable as possible in the meantime (bring on the drugs!!!), & that you'll soon be back to your good ol' floppy self (without TOO much flopping of course?!...as that seems to be part of how you ended up in your current situation, eh?) and while i know our times-of-day aren't the same, i'll especially think of you monday when i'm headed to the surgery since you should be as well, & will hope that the anesthesia as well as the hip maneuvering is problem-free. too bad we aren't a bit...er, a lot....closer so that we could share a hospital room :) .

but anyway, i feel a bit badly for the rest of our poor moderating gang as we've seemingly managed to upstage anything they're dealing with (which is plenty in & of itself) by landing ourselves in the big H (term borrowed form miss mouse i do believe). i added a note to my own post/ update for everyone to behave (board members) since we moderators do seem to be dropping like flies, so hopefully all will comply :) . shall we have a race though? try to see who can escape our respective lock-ups first?! it sounds like you may be in for a bit longer of a haul at the moment though hopefully it won't be too long for either of us, & perhaps a bit of competition will urge your body to cooperate sooner :) .

hang in there the best you can & thanks to your sis for keeping us updated.

love, hugs, smiles, sunshine, & prayers,

B) melissa, the fishy in hospital-land across the pond

Flop,

Oh, my!!! That sounds awful! OWWW! As Melissa said "bring on the drugs!". I can't believe they are making you lay there in pain! How awful! I hope they get to you first thing Monday and things go smoothly after that! It must be awful coming to after fainting and having that happen... I can't imagine.

Sending positive healing thoughts over the pond! :rolleyes:

Oh wow Flop, I am praying for you! I can't imagine what things must be like for you right now.

Love and prayers,

Lisa

Just a quick update and thanks from Flop... she was moved out of the surgical unit to the cardiac unit, where she's getting a bit better treatment and wanted to relay that she's getting good pain control, but is also happy that they're not so paranoid about things like her laptop, so she was able to check in today. She wants you all to know she's doing alright, other than the hip still being out, and is grateful for all of your kind wishes.

Nina

Yay! Thanks for the update, Nina.

Flop, I could not even IMAGINE the discomfort you were in and could not even address it much in my previous post. I am glad you are getting the pain management you deserve.

Look forward to the next update.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your medical staff, from across the pond.

Sophia

P.S. Even a squirrel sent his well wishes from my backyard! :rolleyes:

BirdsandSquirrels187.jpg

Hi everyone,

thank you so much for all the good thoughts/hugs/prayers - when you are in pain it means a lot to know that others are thinking about you.

Thanks Nina for starting this thread and updating earlier, until a couple of hours ago I couldn't string a sentence together for myself.

Basically I'm okay but in hospital with a dislocated hip - a combined problem of having POTS and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. I had a blackout whilst out shopping on Wednesday (not that unusual for me to faint in public). The problem was that I was outside a shop and it was icy so I must have done some inelegant slide and twisted my hip out of its socket. The next thing I remember was coming around in the ER (might of hit my head too, not sure why I was out so long). By then the muscles in my thigh and back-side had gone into a major spasm and the orthopaedic doctor couldn't get the hip to go back in place.

Basically I am now waiting to go to theatre to have a general anaesthetic with a muscle relaxant so they can put the hip back where it belongs. Normally that would have been done on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. This is where the POTS comes back into play - they have got me hooked up to ECG, CVP and arterial line monitoring and they don't like what my HR and BP are doing (oh what a suprise)! I saw a senior anaesthetist on Friday and he wants to talk to my cardiologist before doing anything, hence the wait til the cardio is back on Monday morning.

I can't really remember much of what has happened as they had me on a really high dose morphine drip so I was pretty much dopped up. As Nina said I got moved from the surgical unit to the coronary care unit (after all it is my HR/BP they are worried about, not my hip) this evening. I persuaded the doctor here to put me on a lower dose of background morphine - I hate the spaced out / drunk / not in control feeling. They have given me a special pump with a button so I can have extra doses when I need them.

I've managed to read some of the threads and want to post replies to several of you. Unfortunately the pain is really getting to me so I'm going to have to have some more morphine which will probably send me doo-laly again.

thanks again, from a grateful lop-sided flop (not quite a lop-earred flop but getting there!)

Flop x

PS - Melissa, get well soon!

Hi Flop

With the time change you are up late but thanks for checking in. Isn't technology grand when we can keep in touch from so far away? :P

I am glad to hear further explanation why your hip issue was put off until Monday...I see now they were concerned with the HR/BP stuff. I am glad you can control the medication and deal with hip.....

still sending healing thoughts and prayers to you.

Soph