New Compression Hoses

Ernie

Hi,

I just got my new pair of 40-50 mm compression hose. They are especially made for me and cost twice as much as the regular ones. They are soooo comfortable. I had such a hard time getting them on. I had to stop because I had no strenght left in my arms. The lady had to help me finish the job to put them on. If I can manage to put them on alone I will certainly buy more of the same. It is my first pair custom made and also the first 40-50 mm. I had always had 30-40 mm until today. There is a difference in orthostatic tolerance.

Hi,

Mine are Mediven. I don't know how it will in the next days to put them on but I surely find them very confortable once they are on. I realise that the regular ones were to tight on the thighs and the abdomen and were irritating my skin. These one are so easy to pull down and on when we do our business that I will not need to keep my bladder full as long. So far, I had them since noon and my skin is not irritated and will probably wear them until I go to bed. Usually when I wear the regular I take them off as soon as I get home and wear the stockings.

Thanks for suggesting the higher compression.

Hi,

I had them made at Ortho-Concept. You can also go to Medicus. The lady measures every part of your leg and abdomen so they fit like a second skin. They are so much more comfortable because the pressure is equal everywhere. My old ones had more pressure on the thighs and the abdomen but these are balanced.

They give me more standing time than the 30-40mm.