Trazadone and/or Remeron

lailas

:angry: My Pyschitrist prescribed trazadone which I was too afraid to try, the next one is Remeron he wants me to try. Sounds less threatening as far as side effects. I am very chemically sensative to meds and have not done well on any other antidepressent. AM currently on xanax .5 mg 4 times a day. But my morning anxiety and shakes are terrible and I can not sleep well. I just switched to this new Doc because the old one was rude and did not seem to hear or care, This new guy seems more receptive but to tell the truth he seems like hes in a fog. Intelligent, but maybe just old age? I am not thrilled but I do not think I should switch docs again so soon. My pcp also gave me atenelol a beta blocker but I cannot sleep well, seem depressed, and so gave up on that for now. Please help!

Remeron was great for sleeping, but it actually brought on my POTS to the point that I realized something was wrong. I had to use a cane while I was on it because it made me so dizzy and I gained weight. The weight gain is what made me quit, though I must say, that after 6 mos, the other side effects diminished.

I have been on Trazadone and really liked it. It made me extremely tired though so what I did is I cut the 50 mg pill into quarters and only took one quarter so it was about 12.5 mg per day. I didn't notice any effect on the POTS, but I had so much going on and my POTS was so bad that it is hard to tell.

Jaime

I personally have only tried the trazadone, only made me sleeply and not much else. I must add that my husband is a manic depressive and finds both drugs aided his ability to sleep through many nights without the dreams of his abusive childhood. As to depression in POTS, I would find them best as sleep aids, not so great in the treatment of depression. Just for me though.

Blackwolf