Got My Medical Bed

Ernie

Hey Ernie,

Mine washhard too but persevere- it softens and gets really comfy. I found it really helpful just the other day when I had a hemiplegic migraine and couldn't move properly. It was also good for raising my bp as it had dipped, so I tilted myself to v45 degrees. The thing I always worry about is whether the bed will get STUCK in these weird positions! :blink: hasn't done so far though, and that's been 2 beds over 3 years! :P

Hi,

My mattress is way too firm it's like a piece of plywood. I'll call the store on Monday to get a different one. All my muscles are sore!

Hi Ernie,

If the new mattress is still too firm, perhaps a nice 'poofy' all-around cover will help. It has helped me. It has a ort of a quilted pattern., but very fluffy-like. Is the head of your bed raised? I once had bricks put under the top posts of my bed but I found it so uncomfortable that after a year I had them taken away. The bed was so much more comfortable with them gone and I didn't feel like I was bent in half. That situation with the bricks was so uncomfortable and I didn't find any difference in my health. Does your new bed rise gradually? I think you can change as often as necessary until you get one that suits you.

Sleep tight.

Mary P

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Mary,

I followed your suggestion and found 2x1"x24" mattress that I put one on top of the other in the middle of my bed and I was able to sleep without pain last night.

I will call the store tomorrow to ask for an exchange. I think I will ask for the softess.

My bed does all the positions: head up, feet up, head up and feet up, head up and feet down, head down and feet up. I keep it flat normally but when I go to bed with Amatine still working I lift the head until the Amatine wears off.