M.i.a.--quick Hello & Update

MightyMouse

Hey there all,

Okay, ranting for a moment...and explaining my obvious absence from routine daily visits to the forum.

I've been quite symptomatic the past few weeks--blown through more of my sick-time this first quarter of the school year than ever before. I think the combo of having my ongoing sinus problems added with the stress of worrying about my stepfather has taken a toll. Since the end of August, I've lost my voice numerous times, and now have had to go back on my asthma meds, so of which I'd been able to be off of for 6 to 8 months. My GI motility has been terrible and those of you who have similar problems know what it's like to vomit just from swallowing saliva. I spent yesterday hopping from doctor's office to doctor's office. On a good note, some of my spinal issues have calmed down enough to allow me to sleep. I think I may have my guts working slowly now, but at least working again--had to get super strict with my diet, add some more meds and fiber and liquid.

Those of you who recently applied to join the forum are lurking and awaiting final approval to post, I'm trying as best I can to get to you. I'm about two weeks behind in DINET email, and have literally HUNDREDS emails to get through b/c of spam memberships (which is why we manually approve those of you who took the time to email me directly as instructed in the membership directions). My email program crashed because of the volume of spam registrations that came in after just 3 or 4 days of not picking up my messages and it will take me the better part of today to figure out how to get the program up and running again.

Thanks for your patience. I'm here, just moving in slow motion.

Nina

hug008.gif

Nina,

So sorry to hear your feeling the rath of your slow guts again. I know how fun that is, only I don't get the vomiting like you do, and many others on this site-----(knock on wood). I'm glad things are at least moving somewhat for you now, and hope you see more improvement very soon.

Also, thank you for all the time you put in to help us in this site, and all the other things you do to bring awareness of ANS dysfunction.

Keep your great attitude, and try to keep your chin up.

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

Thanks all-- I'm still quite sick. I was awake for all of 4 hours yesterday--and my ribs are so sore from all the coughing. In the past, I've fractured ribs with asthma attacks and coughing so violently...I'm not quite that point, but owie I feel like a giant bruise. I do think I'm starting to get the upper hand with regard to stuff draining, loosening, but it's going to take some time for me to recoup. As always, when I've been ill, my NCS and POTSish symptoms become a beast to deal with.

During my 4 hour waking window, I did get to go out to dinner with Teri and one of our neighbors. I am thankful for all the wonderful people I have in my life--and I had to laugh to myself a little because all in a row, each of my dads called, first my father, then my stepdad Pat (the one I grew up with and consider very much my dad), and my current stepfather, Richard.

Wilbur (my cat) kept me company most of the day in bed yesterday--he was snuggled to my back or belly. I swear that many of our little creature friends know when we aren't doing well.

Again, for those waiting to be approved to post, my sincere apologies. I haven't been sift through all the email. Perhaps tomorrow if I'm feeling a bit more "with it".

Nina

Oy, isn't it annoying how stress causes episodes like a domino effect? I'm so sorry you're in such bad condition right now. I hope you recover fast from those bruised ribs, that must be excruciating during every cough. If you need more help with the forums, you should get some of the other mods to recruit maybe. I'd hate for a support forum to cause more stress to you than support!