Pregnancy Update!

Brwneyedchica

Hello everyone :)

I very rarely have the time to get online anymore. I got married in October and we are expecting our first child in April! Due to issues i've had with POTS my doctors encouraged me to have children sooner than later! It's a little boy and we are naming him Preston Connor! I was very very ill during the first trimester. I had severe nausea and vomiting they diagnosed as hyperemesis gravidarum. Thankfully that went away around week 12 and I've felt perfectly fine ever since! I had some weird headaches as my blood volume adjusted but I have not had one health complaint at all since I hit the second trimester mark. I am currently 19 weeks pregnant and things look great! My team of drs. including my Neurologist who I see for POTS, my normal OG/GYN and my high-risk OB/GYN all consulted and decided it was best to keep me on the very low doses that I take of Propranolol and Fludricortisone. Last week we had the anatomy scan and after much study via ultrasound of every organ and bone in his body...our little man is perfect!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet you will continue to feel good. Sounds like a nightmare first trimester. :) My second and third trimester were fab, right up until my due date- then I started to get uncomfortable (too big!) I am praying that things progress smoothly and time flies for you. I can't wait to see photos of Preston Connor. Keep us updated!

Julie