Colds, Virus And Higher Heart Rate

mom4cem

I've been fighting a cold for the past 5 days. I thought I had nipped it in the bud with taking zinc, but thought it did not come out full blown, I've had drip and cough but no nose blowing(the zinc seem to have taken care of that from happening.) The thing I have noticed is that my heart rate at rest has been higher than norm since this started and more palpitations whereas prior I had been doing pretty well without any. I've had to take extra beta in the middle of the night because I feel so wired. It's not incredibly fast but in the high 80's while sleeping I'd guess.

I still feel the cold feeling in the back of my throat and have drip and cough. Just thinking the higher rate may still be from having a virus?

Anyone have to increase meds during a cold etc? I'm hoping it goes back down once it's all gone

Just give your doctor a call and ask him or his nurse what's okay to do. That is one thing they usually can help us out with :blink: Also taking tylenol usually helps my system settle down a bit during a virus.

I also have the hyperadrenegic form so our bodies usually wind up when under stress such as from a virus rather than the other way. When my husband gets sick, he just falls asleep and will sleep for hours and such, where I'll be exhausted but my body won't rest and my hr will increase and everything else flares too. Our bodies are just wired different I think.