I Have To Take A Nap An Hour After Waking!

seb10

Hi all!

So, my doc and I have been working on getting me up and about. I've steadily been improving, but I'm still having terrible trouble right after getting up.

I know this is pretty common, but do we know why? Its just gotten really irritating, because it feels like my day doesn't start until I'm done napping, which sometimes lasts hours.

Are there any suggestions or things that have helped? Sleeping with your head propped on some pillows? Wearing compression hoses to bed?

Any insight into what exactly causes the "crash" after waking, and things that could help, would be much appreciated!

Be well everyone!

Sarah

I wouldn't recommend wearing compression hose in bed - keep them for when you are upright or you may not see the benefit when you really need it.

Some people find that taking things really slowly in the morning is helpful. Try to wake up gently (no sudden loud alarm clocks) and stay propped up in bed whilst taking any meds (and waiting for them to work) and drinking plenty of water before attempting to get moving. Don't plan anything for the morning.

I'm currently working on trying to get really good quality sleep at night (often 14 hours asleep) and not allow myself to nap at all. This strategy is really hard especially at the start but I seem to have more energy by not napping.

Flop