My Insulin Levels Were High!!! Wohoooo

Well the nurse just called and, sure enough, my glucose levels were fine but insulin was high!!!! my doc is starting me on Metforin twice a day!!!!! I know it sounds crazy to be so excited, but I just feel like maybe FINALLY after 2 years of searching, I may have found something to make me feel a little better. Thanks so much to Sandy who has been so faithful about sharing important information to all of us. GO GET THE GTT with INSULIN LEVELS TESTED!!! It migth be worth while!!!

:(

Wow, you really make me think I need to re-do my GTT with insulin levels. Kansasgirl, did you have fasting insulin levels taken? Were they high too? Or just during the GTT? Any idea what your glucose numbers were?

Thanks in advance for your help and Sandy's!

Julie

Wow, you really make me think I need to re-do my GTT with insulin levels. Kansasgirl, did you have fasting insulin levels taken? Were they high too? Or just during the GTT? Any idea what your glucose numbers were?

Thanks in advance for your help and Sandy's!

Julie

Yeah it would be worth it!!! Yes I did have fasting insulin levels checked. I don't know for sure the details of the test yet. The nurse just said my insulin was too high. I will post when I get them in the mail. I did do a finger stick myself while I was there and an hour after drinking the sugar, my blood sugar was 188 which is high.. hope that helps :(