Does Your Heart Race When You Have A Fever

Maxine

<_<

This morning I woke up at 4:00am with a 100.2 which for many might not be a big deal. However, for me it is. I have a bad virus---(not sure if it's a cold or the flu, but it's knocked me off my feet). I think I got it from my grand daughter. My husband and I were baby sitting over night Saturday into all day Sunday.

I had lots of help and only fed and rocked her to sleep, and my husband did all the work requiring anything too physical. She's not exceptionally heavy at average weight for a 9 month old-----but too heavy for me. I'm looking forward to her walking, then we can teach her to climb just like we did her big sister. Her big sister was climbing on my lap at 14 months old.

Do you have heart racing with fevers? I'm so dang sick I'm not able to get off the couch. The fever has gone down, but right now I still feel really terrible. It's a weird virus with a full feeling down by my neck, and pain running up the right side of my head-----------and of course achy all over, even my hands.

Maxine :0)

Your heart is supposed to race when you have a fever. It may be due to dehydration or may just simply be from the fever itself. Last time I was sick (about a month ago) my resting pulse rate went from 85 to 120. I had a fever of 101.7. Try drinking some more water, if you can, and maybe have some chicken soup. I hope you feel better!

Sara

Thanks girls,

I figured the heart racing was because of the fever, but when your really feeling terrible it's just like throwing gasoline on the fire---- :lol: I don't know about you, but I get incredibly crabby when I get a virus--- :P<_<

It's also very frustrating, and depressing that I can't pick up my granddaughter and just hug her, and if I do I pay for it because of my dang spine instability, pain, and EDS.

This always happens to me when I get a fever. As soon as my temp. creeps up past 99.5 degrees or so, my heart rate starts to go up. Then I take 2 extra strength Tylenol. I don't even attempt to deal with running a fever.

Sometimes just having a virus (cold or stomach) will make my heart race too, even without a fever.

My heart rate goes up with a fever, even a mild one. Any virus, even if i don't have a fever, will cause my heart rate to go up. My cardio likes to say i have a "sensitive heart" but explains it is because of the nervous system is not functioning correctly. Gotta love the POTS.... anyway- drink loads of water and get better soon.

Thanks Again! :)

The fever has gone away, and my heart rate has calmed, but I have more severe OI---(meaning my low BP is now even lower when I stand, and my heart rate is a bit jumpy. My BP was only 84/59 sitting a couple days ago. Don't mean to be graphic, but I have the green gunk, and still feeling rather crummy. My granddaughters have this virus---( 9 months old, and 4 years old).

Aren't they cute--- :)

DSC00219.jpg

Can you tell I'm a proud grandma Ju Ju. They just call me Ju Ju

It's really hard on me that I can't pick up little Mackenzie anymore----she has passed the magic number of 15 pounds, but I really shouldn't lift over 10 lbs. according to my EDS Doc. We trained Kaela early to climb on my lap, and she was able to do it at 14 months--- :). We will do the same with Mackenzie. :huh:

Thanks again for your help.

even on a high dose of bb's my heart races when having a fever. thanks for sharing the lovely photo maxine, they are sooooo cute!!! would it help you to sit on the floor with mackenzie until she is able to climb on your lap herself?

enjoy these pretty girls as much as you can maxine!!!

corina :(

Thank you!--- :( They are such a joy to have around.

I usally sit on the floor with Mackenzie, but it's difficult due to my spine instability and pain.

I can do it, but I'm limited on how long. They are both in day care during the week, and on occasion my husband and I help them with babysitting. I made a rule that we can only do it when I have help, but there are times where I may have them by myself for a couple hours until my husband gets home.

My virus is slowly going away, and no more fever--- :) This means heart rate has been stable on my beta blockers, and other meds.

Maxine,

How are you feeling? Are the OI symptoms abating to "normal" levels? I ask because I'm dealing with something similar right now - no temperature - but a virus took me out and has made me have an enormous flare. Wondering how you're faring...