Weird Feeling In My Head

Darlene

I was wondering if anyone gets this weird feeling in their head, I can't decsribe, but it feels so terrible, it's scary, I have felt this all day, I thought maybe there was lack of oxygen going to my brain, but I checked my bp and it was normal, I have been nauseated all day , I don't eat much, and still stay the same weight, i gained 30 or 40 pounds within a few months of starting lexapro, sometimes I think there is more wrong with me than just POTS.

Guest Sandy Sims

Hypogycemia IS a brain starving. And it causes all you mention--including the weight gain.

Please have a glucose tolerance test WITH insulin levels run. It may save you from brain tissue loss!!

See my posting with the thread on swollen tummy stuff.

Hope this helps!

XOXOX

Sandy

I was wondering if anyone gets this weird feeling in their head, I can't decsribe, but it feels so terrible, it's scary, I have felt this all day, I thought maybe there was lack of oxygen going to my brain, but I checked my bp and it was normal, I have been nauseated all day , I don't eat much, and still stay the same weight, i gained 30 or 40 pounds within a few months of starting lexapro, sometimes I think there is more wrong with me than just POTS.

Notherndarlene,

It sounds like something more MAY be going on, and I hope you can find a good doctor to help you find answers. I know that in your area there isn't the greatest medical care for these types of conditions, not to mention EVEN finding a good neurologist.

I also have some pretty scary pains in my head, and sometimes when I lean over, or bend forward I get explosive pain instantly, and I know this isn't natural, but it's still not taken seriously by any local doctors, other then Dr. Grubb, and I'm not going to put anything more on him other then my ANS care. I have discussed these issues with him, and he understands my POTs may be secondary to my other conditions. He is not dismissive at all about any of it. BUT, I need my PCP to help coordinate my care, as this is not Dr. Grubb's job.

I know in the past lesions have been found in your brain, and I think this should be investigated further. I also have lesions, and it was also found my left vertebral artery was missing, and my left cerebral arteries are too narrow---(it's called fetal origin). This was never discussed with me on any of my visits to my local neurologist, and the local radiologist said my MRA was "exquisite". However, when another one was done at NIH during the EDS study, all of this was apparent, and the doctor heading the study is the one that informed me. I saw the MRA myself, and there was over 100 views----and even I can see this----------It's crazy this was not reported from the first MRA. The neurologist said the radiologist missed it, and did not report it. It's important to know, as the risk for stroke fatality is higher due to the brain not being able to compensate as well with the missing arteries.

You should find a good neurologist if that is possible. I'm still looking myself, but I keep looking. you have to advocate for yourself because things can be missed. It's unfortunate, becuase you assume your doctors know what they are doing when they have gone to school that long to be a physician.

Your in my thoughts an prayers, and I hope you find the answer to this.

Maxine :0)

Correct me if Im wrong I don't think she means pain because it's not painful it's more like a dizzy type unbalanced kind of like someone has there hand wraped around your head. Yes it does feel like oxygen is missing and you may feel like pressure and somewhat light headed. I had this all day today and alot lately I think it's low blood volume to. I do notice I don't have this when Im laying down how about u?

Reduced Cerrebal blood supply is a cardinal symptom of POTS. In some tests most POTS patients have a reduction in blood volume and flow through the carotid arteries in the neck of up to 60% on standing!

If your feeling dizzy, spaced out or lightheaded chances are its from reduced blood supply to your brain from standing/sitting - and thats a POTS symptomn - and the one i HATE the most!! <_<

I hate when I always feel like I'm in a dream, or like I'm swimming. Ya know how uncomfortable it is for your head to be deep underwater? Ugh I know how you feel with your head not feeling right. I can definitely feel when my brain isn't getting enough oxygen. During my TTT it felt like my brain was being sucked out or drained out of my head through my eyes or something. So horrible. I wish I knew how to fix it.

When i got it I honestly never connected it with standing up or sitting all the time. See if you get it lying down.

The blood pressure thing is pretty common. I have POTS and when i stand my blood pressure increases! Yet my blood flow to my brain is reduced heaps. Although there is often a blood pressure drop with POTS there isnt always.

Have ytou been diagnosed with POTS? If you have POTS chances are your blood flow to your brain is reduced on standing or sitting for an extended period.

Try some licorice - it gives you a mild rise in blood pressure (as well as an increase in blood volume taken over time) and this helps me.

Melissa - LOL, I get all those weird feelings as well - After i did my tilt table test I walked out and got into the wrong car, sat down, turned to my friend and there was an old man with a moustache sitting there instead... Its like being in a trance but not a nice one ;)

I reckon the hardest part when your feeling out of it all the time is talking to people at work. My vision goes all weird and its almost like I cant keep up with people when they move or something. I guess its hard to enjoy talking to someone when your either feeling like your gonna pass out ;)

Yes I get these wierd feelings in my head. Very hard to describe. Not really a pain but just a feeling like I'm slightly drunk all the time or living in a dream world. Also get some issues with my eyes focusing too. It's almost like a migraine with little pain (if that makes any sense). For me my symptoms are worse at night. I will notice a slowing of my heart at night as well, so I wonder if there's any correlation. It's like my heart goes into "slow mode".

I will also feel much worse in my head when I have an adrenaline surge which will stay with me for the rest of the day. But yeah I get all kinds of wierd head feelings so you are definitely not alone. Nothing has determined that I have a hypoglycemic problem like someone mentioned above, although I don't know if you have to have a blood test specifically for that or if it would show up on a standard blood test. Cymbalta helped me for a while with this but lately has gotten worse.

Hopefully you'll figure out something that helps and let us all know.

Best of luck,

James

I hate when I always feel like I'm in a dream, or like I'm swimming. Ya know how uncomfortable it is for your head to be deep underwater? Ugh I know how you feel with your head not feeling right. I can definitely feel when my brain isn't getting enough oxygen. During my TTT it felt like my brain was being sucked out or drained out of my head through my eyes or something. So horrible. I wish I knew how to fix it.

That's a good description - I'm feeling it today - Like I am being pushed deep underwater. I hate the days when this part is bad!

So Licorice is suppose to help increase the blood volume? I never tried it but will look into this with my Doc. I get these feelings mainly in the afternoon time an early evenings. I also feel some pressure over the eye. Does anyone know if the salt buffers help I just got them only took one and no changes but I tried to ease my way into medication.