Hr Frustration

Angelika_23

My body seems intent on torturing me. I posted earlier because I was catching low HR numbers. Since then my doctor lowered my dose of Toprol XL. So now, at various times during the day I am okay, then HR in the 40's, then tachy. It is driving me NUTS! I feel as if I'm going to pass out at times, guessing this is the low HR coming into play, then nervous, always tired.

I have an appointment to see Beverly at Dr. Grubb's office next week. I have never met Beverly. I hope she is the sort who listens. I need to share the Vandy results with them. They went off my local cardio's information that I do not have hyperadrenergenic POTS, which Vandy says I do. I am thinking that will make a difference in treatment.

I have lost 33 lbs since my last visit to Dr. Grubb, where he kind of focused on my weight. I hope Beverly doesn't focus on my weight too.

I am open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks!

Angela

In my case, the weight loss (sudden 20 pounds last spring as I went into what I now understand from my cardiologist is a hyperadrenic cycle of my POTS) has been a big problem for my HR. I am not on BB but was getting big swings during the day. My doctor has advised me to eat 1600-1800 calories a day. Which is hard for me on a vegetarian whole foods diet. But with additional cheese, eggs and whole grains I manage to get there almost every day. I eat every 2-3 hours, which helps with the reactive hypoglycemia and I am trying to drink more water. Not doing as well with the water.

I think it is making a difference. I certainly feel a bit better.

I'll have a holter monitor this week and we'll see more what's been going on.

Good luck finding a solution that works for you.

~EM

• 2 weeks later...

My hr rate is higher during the day but around nighttime it gets much lower, sometimes too low for comfort, especially when lying in bed. I talked to my PCP, who recently put me on Toprol XL, about my heart rate going so low during the night that I'll wake up with a pounding heart, and when I check my hr it will be 49bpm (at the time I check...probably lower to trigger the pounding). My doc said not to worry that his hr goes down to 43 while sleeping. But I don't see how I shouldn't worry if I'm being woken up with these pounding beats.

James