Sinus Pressure..

wareagle

Hey guys. I'm starting to get a lot of sinus pressure building in my head. It's starting to hurt my jaw and ears. I don't really have a lot of nasal congestion...just a lot of this darn pressure. When I blow my nose I feel like my heads going to explode.

My question is would something like a neti pot work for this or does it just help with nasal symptoms? I really don't want to take a decongestant if I don't have to but I don't want this to turn into an infection either! Help! :)

Yes, it definitely has helped me, I can have a sinus infection and not feel it! I don't know if that is good or not. :) I find that the more salt I use the better the shrinkage of the nasal membranes. I also go to stage 2 neti, where I suck the water back through the nose and let it drain out the mouth. The increased suction really pulls out the goo and gets the higher nasal passages near the back of the nose. My neti pot came with a CD rom that explained how to do all three neti stages. It has been a true blessing to me for over five years now and I highly recommend it over drugs!

Jennifer

Guest Sandy Sims

I use a saline rinse--is just distilled water in a squirt bottle with a packet (or in bad times 2 of them) that you squirt up your nose and rise it out.

Ok it's gross. :)

But it DOES work instantly! And no drugs. :D

Friends say the neti pot also works, but sometimes takes longer.

XOXOX

Sandy

Yes, it definitely has helped me, I can have a sinus infection and not feel it! I don't know if that is good or not. :) I find that the more salt I use the better the shrinkage of the nasal membranes. I also go to stage 2 neti, where I suck the water back through the nose and let it drain out the mouth. The increased suction really pulls out the goo and gets the higher nasal passages near the back of the nose. My neti pot came with a CD rom that explained how to do all three neti stages. It has been a true blessing to me for over five years now and I highly recommend it over drugs!

Jennifer