Another Tumor Found On My Poor Old Bode!

willows

• 2 months later...

Cont: ' The adventures of Gilbert the magical mystery lump'

Are we all sitting comfortably ................and so after having a letter to go to the hospital for a scan , Gilbert accompanied by his mistress ami ( he doesn't like going anywhere on his own as he's so shy) managed to get to the hospital on time to see the doctor.

Gilbert was not in a good mood that day and didn't like the scan doctor so tried to hide from him by collecting tons of water in buckets to place all around him so he couldnt be seen properly ( oh , clever that one Gilbert ).

But the doctor was cleverer than Gilbert and he was seen trying to avoid having his photo taken by the head of radiography , who seeing what Gilbert had done to the outside pf his poor mistresses arm was not going to let Gilbert get away with his silly behaviour any longer .

After 4-5 minutes of scanning the head of the department announced 'er , hang on a mo , I'll just get my boss' and off he went off into the many tunnels and walkways know as 'the hospital'

So, Gilbert now had two radiographers, a nursing assistant plus a trainee radiographer , plus this new man in the room all poking and prodding him , which I'm afraid Gilbert did not like ( nor me come to think of it )

After yet another 10-15 minutes of scanning from all directions and taking photos then having a whispering session between them , they all announced:

' There's something there, its quiet large and its entwined around a nerve and a muscle ' :o

Oh, dear ............. :) well I could have told them that without all the electrical stuff and the poking and prodding and I haven't got a qualification in medicine ............men !

So Gilbert and Ami were then sent on there way so that the relevant information could be placed in front of the big man ( the one who happens to be around 6 inches shorter than myself , if thats possible :lol: ) for he is the one who has to now sort Gilbert out .

Today I received a letter from the 'big man' which simply reads ' the scan was inconclusive and we need to do more tests' .............well am I surprised by this statement ................NO , the only thing that surprises me is that it took a whole afternoon of my time and effort , ?15 in petrol , 5 people and all that tecknowledgey to tell me what I already knew, what I need to know if possible is ' what or who is Gilbert' ??????????????? :( and what are his intentions towards me , I do hope they are honourable ! :unsure:

As soon as the big man ( shorty, at the hospital ) can fit me in I'm off to have more pocking , prodding and possibly a nice thin needle shoved into Gilberts head ...........well that will serve him right for keeping me up at night .

More adventures from Gilbert and his long suffering mistress Ami soon :P

Oh Ami, what a magnificently adventurous life you lead! I can see the storybook illustrations of poor little Gilbert being poked by pixies in white coats with old, old cameras and the head leprechaun! If only your life were so delightful as the images in my head! I am sorry, my dear! Father Christmas obviously did not take Gilbert back with him. I hope your next adventure to doctor-land is more productive, it's a shame that you have to fork over the "pot o' gold," for them to tell you what you already know! Be well, and keep your chin up! Your attitude is amazing...as fresh as a wind in the willows. :)

Jennifer

Hey Ami,

I'm so sorry you have to wait AGAIN. You are so right, you have waited all of this time and have learned absolutely nothing. Is Gilbert still growing or has he slowed down? I have everything crossed over here (fingers and toes) that Gilbert ends up being a large nuisance and nothing more. Please keep us posted.

Julie