Kidney Questions

firewatcher

Hi everyone,

Some of us have the frequent urination thing, have any of you had abnormal kidney function tests from the chronic dehydration? What is your Glomerular Filtration Rate or serum creatinine? Do they show kidney damage due to the lack of perfusion to the kidneys? Going back through my labs I keep seeing low GFR and high creatinine as well as the constantly elevated hematocrit. All this has been dismissed as dehydration (like I can hold onto anything I drink long enough for it to reach my bloodstream :o ) The docs are still arguing over the Diabetes Insipidus thing, so I'm stuck. Is this a common finding with all of you with polyuria? What have your labs shown?

I've never had mine tested...I think I should though. I pee like crazy. I was put on desmopressin for a while to help me retain water, but it didn't work that much and it was sort of a serious drug so I went off it. Have they ever talked about putting you on that? Is it permanent kidney damage? Crap, I hope I don't have that. I should probably get it checked out.

Yup, I was on dDAVP and it helped tremendously. It was the only time my labs came back normal for kidney function and hematocrit, but then my electrolytes got all screwed up and they took me off. My concern is permanent kidney damage leading to shut down due to chronic lack of blood flow. So I am asking all you "gotta go" people how your renal function tests come back: GFR, BUN and creatinine?