Episode

jjpots

O.k., so I had a very "potsy" day on Fri. I was out of breath from my tachy to the point I was having difficulty talking ;) while seated. By the end of the day I was exhausted, had a headache and started noticing occasional leg pain in my right calf. Oh yeah, the same day I started with a sore throat.

Today the headache continues, the sore throat is worse (white spots on the red, wondering about strep) and the pain in my calf is more frequent and now starting to move up my leg.

If this is strep do you think it could be causing the tachy and leg pain too? I'm on mestinon and wondering if the leg pain could be a side effect of this????

It's Sat. night now so nothing available as far as dr. or clinics. Any advice???

Thanks,

JJH

Hi!

If it continues I would see a dr. If it seems emergent then go to the ER, otherwise if there is an urgent care available nearby on weekends, or wait to try to get in to see your dr.

I am not sure how all the symptoms you mentioned mayor may not be connected. If it is strep or something similar it is something that needs to be seen by a dr. If it is an infection then your body uses more energy to fight the infection etc. and can leave ones POTS symptoms more symptomatic, because the body is fighting off the infection.

Also, are you/were you dehydrated? This can cause POTS symptoms, headache, pain in leg (muscle cramp, due to electrolyte imbalance), and possible sore throat.

Also, with all the humidity and pressure changes that have been occuring (I am not sure of your location), this could account for the difficulty breathing if the air is very heavy etc, and can cause headache etc.

Work on resting up, eat well, drink plenty of fluids, try to make sure you have an electrolyte balance, and stay cool. Make sure to see a dr. if anything worsens or persists.

Good Luck! :blink:

Thanks for the advice. I do not think I was/am dehydrated. I think I am actually drinking more to try to sooth my throat. I did find an urgent care that is open on Sun. I'm just debating if I should wait until I could hopefully see my doc since I don't think they would have a clue with the pots how it all goes together.

Throat pain still there today though along with the pain in my calf. I'm bummed because my family and I were going to see the Blue Angels at an air show in WI today and now I'm sitting here on the couch while they are gone. :blink:

I hate to think of missing work tomorrow too because I'm new at my job and worry what they will think. They don't know about the pots and I don't want them too so hopefully there won't be anything that needs to be discussed.

Thanks again,

JJH

Well, saw the doc. he's not really sure what sure what the sore/ bumps are in my throat. He did some research on the internet and talked with another doc. He came up with something (never heard of it before) but it's a virus so the best he could offer was some pain meds. He wrote a note to my work saying he wants me at home resting until Thur. He wasn't really sure about the leg pain in the calf but didn't seem too concerned.

I guess I'll enjoy my "days off" and rest with the kids.

JJH