Need To Vent

mrsdavidson8605

I had been doing so well (that's why I havent been on here much) then, like a wave, it hit me on Saturday. I've been down ever since. I know that POTS does that, but it doesn't get any easier everytime I go through a bit of a relapse. I think it hurts me more emotianally than anything else... I hate being trapped in this body when I don't feel good... ugh.... ;)

When you have had a period of relative good health then have a flare it seems even worse as you are more aware of your limitations / what you could do a few days ago. Unfortunately these flares to come to try us but most people get back to their baseline fairly quicky. All sorts of things can trigger a flare, often a cold or having overworked yourself is the culprit (so easy to overdo things when you are feeling well). If you haven't read the spoon theory it is worth searching for on but you don't look sick.

Hope you're feeling better soon,

Flop

Hi,

I am sorry! That has to be soooo frustrating! I haven't had much in the way of a time where symptoms were not too bad, and then have a relapse. So, I am not sure I have much insight. Just take care of yourself, try decrease stress etc. that could be making it worse. It maybe due to all the weather we have been having with all the hurricanes etc. I know the weather has been getting the best of me. Hopefully this flare up will be short and relief is in the near future! :blink:

This happens to me too. So far for me, each flare up is shorter and less intense, in general. The most disturbing thing I still experience is the skipped/odd heartbeats which come with flare ups and can last for weeks after I feel otherwise better.

I know a flare up is a terrible and frightening thing b/c in the back of your mind you can?t help wondering is this going to spiral down and get a lot worse? Will I bounce back?

I find I need good sleep and that is the first defense against flare ups. Not always easy to accomplish and when you are feeling better you can forget that your body does need more rest than the average person.

Hope you feel a lot better soon!

Katherine

Everytime I feel better for a couple of days I get very optimistic that things are changing & I will be well. Then when I relapse again I'm very angry & disappointed in myself. I've been doing this for 25 years & should know by now I'm never going to be "normal" but I keep dreaming. It's an emotional rollercoaster.