Asthma Testing - What To Expect?

iheartcats

Since Mestinon can affect asthma, I have to go in for a new baseline test. I don't think I've had this done in more than 10 years (my asthma has been under control).

What can I expect?

I also can't take my allergy medication for 5 days beforehand...Spring is my worst allergy season, thank goodness, but I'm still not looking forward to dealing with inside allergies. Any tips how to make this more bearable?

Once I'm through with all this testing, I can consider starting Mestinon (but I want to start at 30mg, not 180mg which my doctor initially recommended) so will keep you updated.

I assume there has to be someone else on here with POTS/Asthma/Allergy.

The annoying thing is my asthma is mostly allergy induced nowadays and I have to miss my allergy medication for 5 days! At least they said I could use Nasacort.

I have asthma = take symbicort with rescue inhaler. I also take Mestinon slow release.

Asthma testing - nothing to it. Either in a glass booth (generally in a hospital setting) or in your doctor's office exam room, they put a clamp on your nose and you exhale as forcefully as possible. Then after giving you a broncodilator, they do it again. That's the test in a nutshel. Sometimes the doctor will be blood gas study to see how much oxygen is in your blood.

Don't worry about it! It's a "nuthingburger" to me.

Good luck,

Lois

I have asthma = take symbicort with rescue inhaler. I also take Mestinon slow release.

Asthma testing - nothing to it. Either in a glass booth (generally in a hospital setting) or in your doctor's office exam room, they put a clamp on your nose and you exhale as forcefully as possible. Then after giving you a broncodilator, they do it again. That's the test in a nutshel. Sometimes the doctor will be blood gas study to see how much oxygen is in your blood.

Don't worry about it! It's a "nuthingburger" to me.

Good luck,

Lois

That's good to hear - now I don't have to stress about the testing. :D Awesome!