Double Question: Symptoms And Vandy

firewatcher

I guess this is for all of you who went to Vanderbilt: do they only diagnose POTS or if there are other ANS symptoms will they dig deeper?

I have been having swelling, numbness and tingling in my hands and feet that has gotten progressively worse. I used to think that my hands or feet were asleep from keeping them in funny positions, but now it happens at any time and for no reason. Is this a POTS thing? Will the Docs at Vandy stop once they find POTS (I am pretty sure now that I have had that for most of my life,) or will they continue and attempt to find the cause or extent of the other symptoms. What have been your experiences? Do they look at comorbid conditions (like endocrine issues?) I don't know if I should go back to my neuro with this since he already knows it happens. All my Docs seem to want to wait till Dr. Biaggioni gets a hold of me. What can I expect?

Thanks,

Jennifer

My neuro is thinking of doing a nerve biopsy, but he says that just from the symptoms alone it is probably autonomic and peripheral neuropathy. His are the only notes that I don't have, so I don't know that he has "diagnosed" anything. He and all the rest are waiting for Vandy to diagnose me and tell them how to treat me for whatever I have (whatever it is really stinks <_< .)

Jennifer