Please send good thoughts

Sue

Hi everyone

My health problems just never seem to end. Am sure just like everyone else who posts on this board.

A week ago, I found a lump and decided to ignore it. Well Saturday morning my left side where I found the lump was swollen and pretty achy, now under my arm pit is swollen. God can anything else go wrong in my life!!

I have already talked to my doctor and have to go in immediately tomorrow morning for a mammogram. ( I just had one 4 months ago) Can things happen this fast??? I am just beside myself.

We had a family party today, my son turned 16!!! He is such a sweetheart. My mom kept asking me what was wrong, but I have already decided not to say anything til I found out exactly what is going on.

Thanks for always being here to listen

Sue

I had something similar happen in my 20's--mine was an infected and blocked gland. Warm compresses helped me a great deal. I was told that if it didn't go down on it's own, I'd have to have it drained, but thankfully, it went away within a week or two. However, my younger sister has had multiple lumps removed--I think 4 in all, across 3 surgeries and about a 10 year span. The first was for 2 lumps at age 19. They did the mamograms, then tried to do a fine needle aspiration with each one before going to the surgical removal.

I will think good thoughts for you--the rapid onset is most likely as stated above--a blocked gland of some kind. I will hope that's all it is.

Nina :)

Hi Sue!

If it helps any, I was told by my doctor that if a lump hurts that is a good thing....it is the painless ones that more often turn out to be cancerous. He also told me that if it is movable than that is a good thing too. I've had surgery 3 times to remove lumps. I had a few removed from my breast years ago, then one from my arm and then one from my ovary. I know it can be scary. I'm sending good thoughts, prayers and cyber hugs your way.

Take care,

Michelle

Sure,

I agree with the above posts, it sounds like it is something that will be treatable. Please don't worry too much, but it's smart of you to have it checked out! Here come some hugs and positive thoughts :P:D:):rolleyes::lol:;) ....

Well went to the doctors office this morning, she was able to find the lump right away, I had my mammogram but now I have to go on Thursday for an ultrasound and needle biopsy. God I need a break :rolleyes: but am keeping my chin up and trying to keep good thoughts.

thanks

Sue

Sue, I have had 4 removed. The last one (this isn't for the faint of heart!) was seen on mammogram. I couldn't feel it, my doctor couldn't feel it, and the surgeon couldn't feel it. It was located right behind the nipple and I had to go for an ultrasound wire placement before I went to the surgeon's office to have it removed. The radiologist numbed "the area" and put a thin wire into the lump so the surgeon could follow it to the lump. I concluded that people who have their nipples pierced are MUCH tougher than I am!!

Good luck - I am praying for you that everything will turn out okay.

Well today was rough but I made it through. My second mammogram wasn't too bad, but I am extremely sore from all the prodding. The ultrasound was a disaster, there was no way to do this without laying flat on my back. Not a good spot for me. By the time she was done I was hurling the poor technician, I felt worse for her then myself :) They have already called me to confirm my doctors appointment on Tuesday. Keep the good thoughts coming. Thanks everyone

Sue