Suffering From Exhaustion

lorrie

Hi everyone...I haven't been having a very good beginning to work. I just finished the third week of school and I am in a state of total exhaustion. Thankfully, I got my letter from my doctor and my accommodations have been stated and accepted. I am able to sit more and an assistant has been placed in my room for 1/2 day. She walks my students to lunch, etc. and that keeps me from walking the halls a lot.

The bad thing is that I have already missed a day...my husband got out of bed Monday to find me passed out in the floor. I don't remember getting up and I have no idea how long I was in the floor before he found me. I hit my head and my shoulder and am extremely sore.

I had to have my CPAP repaired and have not had it for a few nights...I am feeling so tired that I just want to close my eyes and sleep where I stand...can hardly put one foot in front of the other. With elementary students, you have to be sharp minded and I just feel like I am in a fog.

My daughter has ADHD and we struggle at night with her getting homework done...it becomes stressful and I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. I have had to turn all this drama over to my husband, but he is starting a new job and will be working during homework time starting Monday...I feel overwhelmed. Getting through the day is hard enough without the added stress of this. I am thinking of hiring a tutor (I have a teenage niece who would love the money) because I just don't have the stamina at the end of my work day to deal with it.

I have missed hearing from all of you because I just don't feel well enough during the week to get online and post. I hope all of you are doing well and I am going to read the posts and catch up. I know I have been whining, but I just feel hopeless right now...needed to get it out.

Hang in there and do what you can, not what others think you can do. I understand completely, so feel free to vent! If you push too hard, you know what you will get and that won't help you, it will only frustrate you. My son is also having homework troubles, it is a battle almost every night; your niece as a tutor sounds like a good idea. Your daughter may respond to her while she does not respond to you, I find that is the case with my son.

Good luck, and many positive thoughts!

I can totally relate. I also have a job and a child and i know how frustrating it is not to be able to keep up with things and try to keep the symptoms somehow under control or deal with them during work when you are not able to lay down. In order to get through a workday i now try to make things easier for me. I try to sit all the time, i'm not driving to work myself a workmate is picking me up. I get up 2 hours before i actually leave the house. When i get home i need to rest. When my batteries are recharged again, i try to help my daughter with her homework. If iam not able to, i ask my boyfriend to help her. My parents help where they can as well. It seems like my whole family is involved in making things easier for me. I think it's a great idea if you have found somebody who will do the homework with your child! Maybe there is some other stuff that you can get help with like shopping, housework and so on?

A great help for me is also my office chair with rolls on (dont know what the english name is). I use it almost all the time. The chair is next to my bed and when i get up i sit on it straight away, i never stand the first hour after i get up! Maybe if you had one of those you feel better as well and you could also be more mobile in the classroom? I also use a little hand fan very often, it seems to help me when some of my symptoms start.

Have you tried compression stockings? They make a big difference for me.

I wish you all the best, hang in there. Iam sure that when you and your family are in a good routine again, like after your husband has worked a couple of weeks in his new job and you see that your daughter gets on ok with her homework, that everything falls more into place again.

carinara

Sorry your having such a struggle your first week back, but it's good that your accomodations have been accepted, and that you even have those options where you work. This will hopefully enable you to continue working with the right support and understanding. Sounds like you have a good doc too.

Getting your c-pap back should help too--- :)

I hope things improve for you soon, and take advantage of any help you can get.

I just wanted to throw a little support your way--- ;)

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

Sending you the very best wishes and hoping you find some relief from at least some of your problems. Dont feel like you are whining, you have some very valid difficulties right now. Try to rest as much as you can(yeah, right) I have often called to mind a little saying I saw posted in a physical therapy room--"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and HANG ON !!!!!!!! " Good advise if you have the strength to hang on, so I'm sending you prayers and thoughts for strength to hang on..... Best always--gentle hugs--take care of you first, everyone else second.... Susan :)

Hi!

Congrats on getting the accomodations accepted! Hopefully they will help you to conserve energy and feel better! It sounds like a rough week, but don't blame yourself for missing the one day. It doesn't sound like there was much you could have done different and after that you needed to take care of yourself. Hopefully everything is feeling better now.

Hopefully the CPAP will be back soon and that you will be able to get more restful sleep! Don't worry about "whining", everyone needs to vent and put out there how they feel and are frustrated and know that they are not alone in feeling this way. You are not alone, and I think here we all understand what you are saying and can sympathize. Although we don't all experience the same things, we understand the frustrations etc. with all our symptoms and good/bad days.

Hopefully this week will be better! :)