Sensitivity To Heat

Today I went outside to pluck my eyebrows, better to see them in the sunlight, and I wasn't outside five minutes before my gut went haywire. It was warm outside, and it was as if the heat had caused my bowels to puree. Sorry for the description, but I'm wondering if anyone else's GI system has this sensitivity to heat?

I know that a lot of us have temperature dysregulation issues, so I didn't know if this reaction was part of it. I've heard that dehydration in the heat can cause diarrhea, but I was really only outside for about five minutes.

I have a history of GERD/bowel issues so....I dunno...

Can I get an amen on this, anyone?

Guest tearose

Sorry, no amen but I do think that the mere fact that you went from a cool home to a hot outside can jolt your body thermometer and make you have to eliminate. I get the fast need to go void sometimes if I am suddenly extremely cold. I am aware that if I have not had a morning bm, I may need to run to a bathroom if I am out and about. I don't know why this happens in the morning, but maybe it is our body going from low bp and raising bp and all our systems trying to get into sync.

take care,

tearose

Sometimes a HOT HOT bath or shower will trigger my bowels to go haywire. I've had bowel issues if I go from being outside and active to drinking a cold drink. (Mom's the same way, so not sure if it's a POTS thing) I think it's a change of temperature thing that shocks the system. Was your house A/C? A/C will sometimes trigger me too; I take a sweater with me everywhere so I never let myself get too cold or too hot.

Sara

Definitely happens to me. Also if I sleep too hot at night---I get up in the morning and the acids just fall out of me. Sorry for the grossness.