Q-link

jbrian00

Hi I was wondering if anyone has tried a q-link pendant or equivalent type of product. I was doing some research into the effects of electromagnetic fields that come from cell-phones, computers, any electronic appliance, etc on the body. Cell-phones in particular have gotten a lot of press because they send harmful radio waves to the brain, affecting the nervous system. In fact, any electronic appliance can have this same effect to some degree.

My research has stumbled me upon devices that emit resonating frequencies to help cancel out these harmful frequencies so they do not stress the body/nervous system. The way they work are complex, but they are supposed to help the body cope with stress in general, even that caused by EMF (electromagnetic field) exposure. Effects supposedly felt are increased energy, reduced headaches, anxiety and feeling of well-being in general.

I actually just ordered one of these to give it a try. They are expensive but come with a 90 day money-back guarantee. The company website is www.clarus.com.

James

I have not heard of it...I have heard talk about the harmful effects of cell phones on the brain, etc., but did not know if there was research actually backing it up.

How did you come across this? How does it actually work?

Since it does help the nervous system, is there any evidence of it helping people with any nervous system disorders?

Interesting...would be nice to know more! I think I'll look a few things up about it myself too.

Chrissy

I stumbled upon it (and a couple other competitor products by searching google for EMF and EMF protection). If you do a search I'm sure you'll find ton's of research on EMFs especially cell-phone related, so there is definately a lot of research in this area.

To tell you how it works, I'm gonna quote a website that explains it the most clearly (http://www.healthjewelryplus.com/catalog/a...p?articles_id=4):

During the course of each day we will all be exposed to high levels of electromagnetic fields which can gravely damage our bodies, minds and health. This is an unpleasant thought for anyone, but most people do not appreciate quite how serious this problem is. There is no way to prevent the creation of these fields since they emanate from any and all electric and electronic appliances as well as being produced by power lines and household power outlets. The fields are created by the direct current of the electricity that powers most of our lives. There is a natural biorhythm (also called a bio-field) that governs our lives and it stems from the current of the earth itself, helping us to keep our body functioning properly. However the synthetic fields that are created by direct current electricity create a disturbance in this biorhythm and this will negate any benefits that the body gets from the earth. The disturbances can do more than more than just negation of benefits; they can also produce adverse effects throughout the body and negatively affect the state of your health. While there may be no way to stop the creation of the electromagnetic fields, you can prevent your body from being adversely affected by the fields by wearing EMF jewelry.

This jewelry provides you with a shield against the effects of the radiation. Wearing one or more of the items will help to cancel out negative effects of the fields and also help to provide your body with benefits by helping to augment and regulate the bio-fields within your body. We have been exposed to these fields for so long that the cancellation of the negative effects that you receive will seem like your body is increasing in health as opposed to returning to its naturally healthy state.

There are many different pieces of jewelry that can be worn, including necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Wearing one of these pieces of EMF jewelry can help to detoxify your body by eliminating toxins that have accumulated as a result of your exposure to the fields. These items can achieve this by using resonation to alter the harmful fields into fields that are in harmony with your body's bio-field.

Different pieces of the jewelry can produce different effects, since some of the items of jewelry are created to perform additional functions in addition to the protection against the harmful electromagnetic fields. Some of these pieces help to balance your chakras, in accordance with certain eastern health philosophies. Other pieces help to provide you with specific emotional, mental or physical benefits. All of the benefits and protection that you receive are effective as a personal measure and only the person wearing the piece of jewelry will gain them. These pieces of jewelry will also help to augment the beneficial effects that you receive when using a general coverage EMF protection device.

Firstly, just to clarify, the waves sent by cell phones are referred to as EMF or an electromagnetic field--these can include radiofrequency magnetic fields, but not all EMF are necessarily are radio waves.To read what the World Health Organization has to say about EMF, click here.

I did a search of the Q-ray on Quackwatch.org, and you can read what they have to say here, in their review of the Q-Ray's product. Quackwatch also has an article on EMF, if you want to read it.

Nina

Firstly, just to clarify, the waves sent by cell phones are referred to as EMF or an electromagnetic field--these can include radiofrequency magnetic fields, but not all EMF are necessarily are radio waves.To read what the World Health Organization has to say about EMF, click here.

I did a search of the Q-ray on Quackwatch.org, and you can read what they have to say here, in their review of the Q-Ray's product. Quackwatch also has an article on EMF, if you want to read it.

Nina

The q-link has nothing to do with the Q-ray by the way (2 different companies). The q-ray is evidently an ionized bracelet and functions differently than the q-link. There are a bunch of research studies and clinical trials performed on the q-link that do show the q-link has some helpful biological functioning. It is natural to be skeptical about a device like this, but the company has shown proven results through double-blind studies that can be found on their site. And if it doesn't work, I'll just simply send it back within 90 days.

On issues like this there is always gonna be some controversy. There have been many studies proving that cellular phone usage makes changes in the brain, confirmed through eeg images. Yet the authorities may claim they are safe. There are instruments that can measure the electrical fields surrounding electronics. I guess you just have to base things on your research and gut feeling. Better to be safe than sorry...that's my motto. Anyway, looks like I'm gonna be the guineau pig here, but everyone is different so the effects will be different for everyone.

One final note is that the q-link does more than protect from EMFs. It is designed to reduce any type of stress placed on the body.