Psvt

Lenna

Hi,

My 19 year old neice is having symptoms which include tachycardia, chest pains, headaches (sometimes) and vomiting. Her doctors have been calling this panic attacks but I believe it's some sort of dysautonomia, especially since her first cousin (my son) has POTS. Does this sound like PSVT? I've been doing some Internet searching of PSVT, but I don't see anything about vomiting.

Thanks.

Lenna

Not yet, although I think a halter is being planned. After years of being told she's just too stressed, her doctor finally picked up some abnormalities when he did an EKG during an episode. She's being referred to a cardiologist, but I keep encouraging her mom to set up an appointment with someone familiar with disautonomias.

Well, my neice Lauren has golf-ball size tumors on both her adrenal glands. She is very very sick; in Intensive Care. The doctors are trying to bring down her blood pressure and heart rate enough to operate, but have been unable to get in under control over the past 3 days. At best, she'll lose both her adrenal glands; at worst, the tumors are malignant and may have even spread beyond her adrenals, or her condition may worsen before they can operate. She has been going to doctors with her symptoms for years and was always brushed off as an anxious person who is having panic attacks. Of course she was anxious - large amounts of adrenaline were surging through her for years because of these tumors. If someone has taken her seriously along the way, the tumors could have been caught before they became a life-threatening problem. Please pray for her.

Guest tearose

I am so very sorry to hear of this news. I will pray for Lauren. I pray for her to have the best of medical care and experience full and complete healing.

warm regards,

tearose

Lenna,

I'm so sorry to hear the news that your niece wasn't taken seriously, and now has a very serious conditon.

Your niece must be so scared. I know my first bouts of tachycardia scared the you know what out of me when I was 22 years old. However, at the time I was only having mild pots symptoms, although I didn't know it. I was told it was anxiety also--- ;). I felt nausea with those spells I had also, but as far as I know it was just sinus tach.

Anyone would be anxious when their heart is racing. I'd like to see the looks on one of those doctors faces who thought she was anxious if they suddenly felt their heart racing like a jack rabbit. ;) To bad we can't snap our fingers and give them a little sample.

I'm sending prayers her way for a full recovery from this. I hope she gets the best of medical care now---keep us posted.

Maxine :0)

So sorry to hear that. I know it's rare, but you would think that would be something they could check for. A blood test and a cat scan could show something amiss. Years having it, ridiculous. It should have been caught sooner. Amazing how they can easily throw the diagnosis of panic attack out there.

Be keeping her in my thoughts.