Salt Tablets

Hi all,

I saw my neuro yesterday. I've been having a rough summer. Ughh... I guess it is to be expected with the heat, but last summer wasn't as bad. He recommended I take a salt tablet with each meal. I can't find them. Where do you find your salt tablets??? Do you order them online? Get them at a sporting goods store? CVS could order them for me, but since they looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for them I really don't want to give them my money. Any thoughts??? Also can you tell me what they are called? do they have a name other than Salt Tablets?

Thanks for your help!

Amy

I also got very strange looks when I asked for these. The pharmacist told him he had worked for 20 years and had never been asked before. Anyway, after asking at a number of pharmacies and health food places, I asked at the pharmacy if they could order them. Of course, when they took the time to look in their book, they could.

The worst part is that after all the trouble and waiting for them to come in and paying $22.00 for them, I couldn't take them. I tried twice, but both times I vomited within about 10 minutes. Now I have 98 NaCl tablets in my cupboard. Wish I could give them to you!

I think that I got mine at Whole Foods. I don't remember the name, but they were with all the dietary supplements, I think.

I take the Thermotabs too.

You have to get a pill crusher and grid them up and then dump them into pudding. I've never been able to keep them down whole, have never thrown them up when they are crushed in pudding. They totally ruin the pudding, but I've been able to take 3 tabs in one little Jello cup- which is great (banana works well).

You can usually get pill crushers in the pill container area. They are inexpensive- more money for lemonheads!

Hi,

I recently looked into this for myself. I too got the why are you asking, you are crazy look....

What I found after they called around to many places including their ordering center is that: one- they are not really used much anymore and would rather people used other things, two- that the company that they stock is on back order indefinetly due to possibly stopping making much because of decreased demand. Three- in my city they called around and at that point only one tube existed and that pharmacy was not getting any more. The one that did carry it was an independent non-chain pharmacy that also does like compounds etc... Four- They said if want them probably have to get online.

So, from my experience I think ordering online would be easiest.

Good luck!