Worried About Cardiologist Visit Tomorrow

I was completing my paperwork for my cardiologist appointment at 9:00 a.m. in the morning at the MVP Center in Birmingham, AL. I was horror stricken to read (yes, I read it a few weeks ago, but forgot) that I am not supposed to have any caffeine for 24 hours before my appointment. I normally avoid caffeine because I don't like the jittery feeling I sometimes get. Well, I think I have really messed up. I had about 10 oz. of caffeinated tea at 1:30 p.m. (putting it at about 19 1/2 hours) and then a normal sized candy bar (only the coating was chocolate) about 5:30 p.m. (that's about 15 1/2 hours).

I know there's nothing I can do except keep the appointment and hope they will see me. I just can't believe it! Do you think they might see me or will I probably have to reschedule? What do you think? I am supposed to have a stress test, ekg and possibly another ttt.

It's not the end of the world, but I have had such high hopes for the passed several weeks.

Hi Michelle,

I wouldn't worry too much. The chocolate coating won't have enough caffeine to cause any problems. I would expect that the lunchtime coffee will be mostly out of your system by the time of your appointment, what they really wouldn't want would be for you to have had a double espresso right before your appointment as that would potentially mess up your results.

I hope the appointment goes well - let us know how you get on.

Flop