Strange Waves Of Full Body Tingles

willows

Hello all......................yes, I'm still around , but having a rather bad time of it all at the minute which is why I'm quiet most times.

One new problem I'm having is this full body tingle ( fine pins and needles ) that keep washing over me ..........most strange !

The first one was when I was laying on the bed watching TV , all of a sudden this wave of tingling started at my toes and washed straight up my body in a matter of seconds , just like a wave would do if I was laying in the sea ..............it came almost up to my chest before disappearing . :)

It wasn't , as far as I know to do with anything I'd taken ( drugs wise ) as I wasn't due anything at this time, I hadn't eaten or drunk anything that could possibly cause this or was laying in a funny position so may have trapped a nerve ..............becuase I've had other 'tingling 'sessions since and not been doing the same thing at the time.

So if anyone gets this or knows why , please let me know as it does rather bring you to a full stop when it happens and somewhat worrying .

Willows. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Willows,

I get this, too. It almost feels like a wave of tingling/tickling pins and needles. Mine usually starts in the chest/neck/back, and radiates to the extremities, then back to the chest. Then there's residual tingling/tickling in random patches of the body. They actually feel kind of nice, for me. I get about a dozen a day. Also, sometimes they cause some muscles to uncontrollably and strongly contract until it fades (causing my head to tilt to one side, or my to go sideways, or sometimes clenching my fist or curling my toes).

I dunno where they come from, or why. I do know they're not shivers from cold - they feel completely different.

Cam

I used to get this sensation frequently and still do every once in awhile. It usually starts in my toes and washes up over me to the top of my head or from head to toe or starts in my chest and then radiates up/down/all over. I also get random pin-prick sensations (anywhere on my body) from time to time. I used to think it could be from meds but I?ve changed several times and still had this happen. Now I?m on no meds (thankfully) and it still happens. My POTS doc could not pinpoint a cause either but said it was most likely from a misfiring CNS and/or CNS trying to readjust itself. Not dangerous but a really strange feeling I?ve come to accept and live with. Thankfully, they only last a few seconds and they?re gone.

Thanks all for your replies..................forgot to add that I also get what I can only described as very fast and somewhat strange 'body glitches' :blink:

What I mean is that I'm feeling fine then all of a sudden I full body twitch , its like a very hard jump but not nice I can tell you . Sometimes I'll have 3-4 in one night and its not just annoying but it effects my ticker, sight and all of me. It feels almost like I'm trying to 're-boot' myself ..............well that is if I was a computer!!!! :P

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEART THIS BIT!

At the minute I'm in agony as the right side of my face has been in such pain for over 8 weeks now , all mt teeth from the middle of my nose to the back, my jaw, neck, eye, ear ..............the lot . I have to try and eat with my head almost on my left shoulder as even food hurts :( I've had all my teeth checked out and my dentist has recommended a toothpaste with something in that stops pain ................ha! and I'm a monkeys uncle :blink: I think the tooth thing all stems from when I had my wisdom's out about 6 years ago .

Unluckily ..............or so my dentist said at the time , one in about a million peoples gums do what happened to me :( instead of the gums closing around the hole , oh .....no. Mine well , they decided to open up and expose the bone of my jaw.......................o.............u..............c...............h :o and then get bigger and bigger .

In the end I had to have daily painkilling injections for about a week and iodine cotton wool stuffed into the now large holes in my right jaw was followed by the dentist ( now sent to the hospitals dentist ) cutting my jaw bone away on this side and trying to find enough skin to sew together over the bone......................something that had me hanging on to the chair white knuckled ...yes I was awake all the way through it !

I now think its all starting up again , becuase the pain is just as it was when my jaw was exposed , OMG is having some effects on my weight and what I can and cannot eat .

Well never mind its all sent to try us and try my body may , but it isn't going to win !

Ha............................Willows crazy as a bag of frogs in a microwave!

• 10 years later...
On 8/6/2008 at 2:37 AM, willows said:

Hello all......................yes, I'm still around , but having a rather bad time of it all at the minute which is why I'm quiet most times.

One new problem I'm having is this full body tingle ( fine pins and needles ) that keep washing over me ..........most strange !

The first one was when I was laying on the bed watching TV , all of a s

On 8/7/2008 at 6:09 PM, willows said:

Thanks all for your replies..................forgot to add that I also get what I can only described as very fast and somewhat strange 'body glitches' :blink:

What I mean is that I'm feeling fine then all of a sudden I full body twitch , its like a very hard jump but not nice I can tell you . Sometimes I'll have 3-4 in one night and its not just annoying but it effects my ticker, sight and all of me. It feels almost like I'm trying to 're-boot' myself ..............well that is if I was a computer!!!! :P

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEART THIS BIT!

At the minute I'm in agony as the right side of my face has been in such pain for over 8 weeks now , all mt teeth from the middle of my nose to the back, my jaw, neck, eye, ear ..............the lot . I have to try and eat with my head almost on my left shoulder as even food hurts :( I've had all my teeth checked out and my dentist has recommended a toothpaste with something in that stops pain ................ha! and I'm a monkeys uncle :blink: I think the tooth thing all stems from when I had my wisdom's out about 6 years ago .

Unluckily ..............or so my dentist said at the time , one in about a million peoples gums do what happened to me :( instead of the gums closing around the hole , oh .....no. Mine well , they decided to open up and expose the bone of my jaw.......................o.............u..............c...............h :o and then get bigger and bigger .

In the end I had to have daily painkilling injections for about a week and iodine cotton wool stuffed into the now large holes in my right jaw was followed by the dentist ( now sent to the hospitals dentist ) cutting my jaw bone away on this side and trying to find enough skin to sew together over the bone......................something that had me hanging on to the chair white knuckled ...yes I was awake all the way through it !

I now think its all starting up again , becuase the pain is just as it was when my jaw was exposed , OMG is having some effects on my weight and what I can and cannot eat .

Well never mind its all sent to try us and try my body may , but it isn't going to win !

Ha............................Willows crazy as a bag of frogs in a microwave!

udden this wave of tingling started at my toes and washed straight up my body in a matter of seconds , just like a wave would do if I was laying in the sea ..............it came almost up to my chest before disappearing . :)

It wasn't , as far as I know to do with anything I'd taken ( drugs wise ) as I wasn't due anything at this time, I hadn't eaten or drunk anything that could possibly cause this or was laying in a funny position so may have trapped a nerve ..............becuase I've had other 'tingling 'sessions since and not been doing the same thing at the time.

So if anyone gets this or knows why , please let me know as it does rather bring you to a full stop when it happens and somewhat worrying .

Willows. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Willows, i often get these wave sensations that start in my feet and through my body. Its not entirely unpleasant more of a mild firing of the nerves.

Howard