Bad Day

sheba

Im not really sure on the exact cause of my POTS but one thing Im noticing is that it has something to do with my adrenaline. I noticed that my adrenaline is always on call even when I get up just to go in the bathroom. Im not sure if you all are expiriencing the same thing but this is really freakng me out. Im trying to study my body more and learn what's going on. I feel like some really weired vibrating type of sensations in my body like as if my blood is draining thru different parts of my body like my legs and stomach. I know it sounds crazy not even sure if Im describibg this o.k. Today I was watching a scary movie and it felt like I was not even breathing for a short moment then I had the sharp electrical pain in my chest that went away. Then after my adrenaline was pumping and the heart raced for about 5 minutes. I got nervous and started praying that I was o.k. Im o.k. because Im still here right? I told my doc about all this nervousness and weight loss Im having and asked if this could be coming from the fact that I could be depressed or the lack of eating because when I try to eat I get really nervous and then I put my food away.

I really wanted to ask eveyone tonight if they would be intrested in starting a prayer chain on Tuesday's at 9:00 pm for healing for all of us. I was always told prayer changes things. I already pray for us each night hoping that we are able to get well. Thanks!!!!

Splanchnic pooling is occurring after meals in some POTS patients. Excessive pooling of blood in the abdomen has been shown to occur while the patient is supine and at rest (Tani, Singer, McPhee, Opfer-Gehrking, Haruma, Kajiyama & Low, 2000). The splanchnic vascular bed contains up to 30% of blood volume. Limited autonomic neuropathy causing peripheral denervation may be the cause of increased resting flow and reduced mesenteric resistance in these patients.

that's from mechanisms of POTS www.potsplace.com

sorry, I don't relate to your issues, can't help. I have OH and NCS.

I am very cornfused about this BUT I will share my cornfusion with you and add this defination.

[edit] Mesentery (proper)

The mesentery proper (i.e. the original definition) refers to the peritoneum responsible for connecting the jejunum and ileum, parts of the small intestine, to the back wall of the abdomen. Between the two sheets of peritoneum are blood vessels, lymph vessels, and nerves. This allows these parts of the small intestine to move relatively freely within the abdominopelvic cavity. The brain, however, cannot map sensation accurately, so sensation is usually referred to the midline, an example of referred pain.

it would seem possible that your chest pain is referred pain

I've had the same sensations of physical (not necessarily emotional) nervousness/anxiety as you. I've read on the boards others mention "adrenaline surges" and similar phenomena, and I realized that what I was feeling was just another part of POTS. Now I don't get as upset when it happens because it's happened so many times and I always eventually feel better, also because I know other people are experiencing the same thing.

There are some funky, funky symptoms that happen to people with POTS. I would talk to your doctor about it if it continues to bother you, but I'm learning more and more not to get overly anxious with all this weird stuff.

hope you feel better,

Amber

I see, wow it's really great to have u guys being that my family is in the business of not caring. This something I need to address with my doctor because it's getting to the point where even if I want to cook or stand to cook I get hyper and start feeling unbalanced and then I get nervous and can't concentrate. I want to do things again and stay in the bed. I need to maybe find a good doctor here in Miami because Im already at bay held hostage in my home because of the heat at least I could get around the house o.k.

When my daughter had her 1st tilt table test it was noted in the results that she had severe splanchnic pooling. She has had some of the same symptoms you describe, and has more or less had to learn to accept that this is part of her dysautonomia stuff. Hope everyones replies has made you feel some better. At least you know you are not alone and we are here for you. Hugs and Prayers--Susan :)

You guys are so great!!!! Im so happy even though I feel scared inside at least somebodies understand me because I have been really having horrific times in my life. I just need to let go this phobia about taking meds so I can feel better. Only the lord knows why I can't get myself to take the meds as if I like feeling this way. I just need to snap out of the fact that it's just going to go away.