Fatigue

Like many of you, I am struggling most right now with the overwhelming fatigue. I'm sure the hot weather is making it worse, but I just wanted to ask everyone to put their two cents in as to what (medications, treatments, vitamins, etc.) seems to help you the most with the fatigue?

Thanks,

Amber

Taking a good B-complex vitamin (I've been dedicated in taking them daily for the past few weeks!) has really seemed to help with my fatigue. I like the Nature Made Soft-Gel brand.

I also take 1 scoop of Sambazon's Acai Powerscoop daily. This seems to help a lot as well.

My POTS doc had me try d-ribose because he'd had 'some' success using it with his POTS and CFS patients. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me but since it's natural, with little chance of side effects (and since he gave me a free month's sample) I figured it was worth a try. It's a powder (Corvalen Medical Food) that you mix with juice, sprinkle on cereal.

Sorry but I haven't found anything that helps when that intense fatigue hits. When my body says it's had it, it's had it, and laying down is all I can do.

Hi!

Not that anything works all that well, but for me the right balance of things has seemed to be the most important. Balancing food (little carbs, esp. sugar), staying hydrated, salt, electrolytes (especially magnesium), staying out of the heat and humidity, and trying to get sleep (unsuccessfully).

I wish I had the right answer! :)

Sorry about the fatigue. That to me is the worst part of this. Always to tired to do things... Two drugs that have helped alot:

1) Welbutrin

2) Provigil (short term band-aid) - Great stuff, but my body builds up tolerance quickly. So I save it for the very bad days...

As others have said: hydration, salt, lots of rest - good advice. Best regards.

Peace

Norpace- rest-sugar- and compression stockings.

Although sometimes I overcome it though activity. It seems like I manually adjust my BP if I can get the BP up, I feel much better. There are days that I only get from the couch to the chair and I can't get going. At such times either a nap or a big sweet snack cures me. Sugar also cures headaches for me.