I'm scared

danelle

Hi:

yes, yes, yes....it all sounds familiar to me as well.....

Dr. Grubb has prescribed MagOx 400 for me....it can be purchased over the counter but at the pharmacy. It does seem to help. It is a 400mg mega-dose. I take it once a day in the morning. I've been on it for about a year now.

Good luck!

Kristen

EarthMother,

I read your post last night about what your chiro said about "your heart beats 100,000 times a day and that sometimes it just wants to dance"! Well, about 4 a.m. I woke up from a nightmare and my heart was dancing. :) And I thought to myself, okay, just let it dance for a while, it will be okay. Thinking about your post made me smile and calmed down. I took a 1/2 of a klonopin and went back to sleep.

In the past two weeks I've had episodes of really out of control dancing, where my heart feels like it's doing the two-step, the fox-trot and the rhumba all at the same time! :) It is easy to post some reassuring words to help others who are dealing with arrhythmias, but how quickly we forget our own words when we're going through them ourselves.

I often get chest pain with mine, do you? I never know if I should go to the emergency room or not. I've only been to the ER once, but there have been several times when I thought I should have gone, but my heart/body always gets through it some how. Hope you're back to steady beats real soon! :)

Gena--I still get chest pain--especially at night--from time to time. Again I asked my electrophysiologist about this (last week at my regular check-up), and again he said, it is a harmless symptom that should be treated if possible only to make me more comfortable, not b/c it is a health problem. Anyway, beta blockers really help me with this still.

Katherine

Guest tearose

Dear earthmother, you have me smiling warmly.

I laughed at let it dance and thought, maybe the heart needs dance lessons?

I too love that search feature. I am amazed at the things we have discussed in such detail and yet can still seem so new! My zen input... This cycle of back on a lesson we've been through...I do think it is on a different level though, so it is new. There is just more there you haven't seen yet. I like to think of it as a spiral not a circle. Can you see what I mean? You will continue to spiral over the same issues until that part of the journey is learned. You can never repeat the past, as it is said "you can never step in the same river twice".

On to electrolytes, when I get those symptoms I too turn to potassium and use emergen-c packets,(from health food store) if I can't get it from regular food intake. If I also need sodium I use the kayolectrolyte packets (from pharmacy). I am very heart sensitive to alcohol, and even one glass of wine can bring on funky new cramps. I try to examine what if anything I ate differently, or exercised differently or environmental changes. If the heart doesn't feel like you want to in 5-7 days, then go get an EKG.

My only best secret to finding calm...be warm,be still, empty, follow your breath...

Take care, tearose

Hi Gena,

More frequently I get chest pains when my heart is "normal" than when it is skipping. Either case, they seem to be chest-wall-muscle type pains. Another tip I learned along the way is to see if my fingernails still look "good". If they aren't blue then I figure I am good to go. (Easy to say NOW ofcourse.)

Tearose,

You are so right -- and so wonderful. I like the idea of a spiral. Perhaps a wonderful labryth. Thank you so much for reminding me.

Good luck to all on our healing adventure.

EM