A Terrible Week!

jump

Hey all,

I'm having a VERY symptomatic week, and it's easily my worst week since I started taking medication in early March. I'm having such a hard time getting by....

Basically, I did too much and wore myself out, and now it seems I can't catch up. My very best friend got married yesterday, and the whole week was a whirlwind of showers, bachelorette parties, helping her get things ready, and then the actual ceremony. I tried to minimize what I volunteered to help out with, but I didn't want to miss her shower or anything important. I tried to sleep a lot and rest in between the busyness, but there were a few nights when I couldn't sleep from excitement and nervousness, and there were a few days when I was too busy to eat properly, and there was a lot of driving and walking around.... and now I'm paying for it.

It's actually hard to type so I'm going to cut this short. I just needed to vent to people who understand. I feel like I didn't do a good job of balancing my limitations with other people's needs, and now I'm really hurtin' -- but at the same time, when I look back, I can't think of anything I could have done differently without either missing an important milestone or letting my best friend down. :) balance is so hard!!!

thanks for listening,

jump

It is hard to balance our needs and those of the people we care about. You will be glad you were there for all the pre-wedding events once you are feeling more healthy. I have pushed myself way too hard in order to help others and then I pay for it, but in the end, it is worth it.

Feel better soon! Hugs to you...

Balance is probably the hardest thing! How do you make yourself feel ok and your loved ones not feel ignored? You don't want to miss out on anything either. I have two young girls who constantly need me. Where do you draw the line? The sad thing is, I think they understand better than most adults when I'm feeling bad. Take it easy this week! Hopefully you'll catch up and feel better soon!

Hollie

Guest tearose

Yes, I sure do understand! Nothing is predictable in our body so knowing when and how much to push is constantly changing.

Very frustrating!

I hope you are soothed by the wonderful joys of the occasion.

feel better soon,

tearose

Jump,

I can really relate to this too. In fact, I've knowingly overdone it at times because I don't want to miss all the fun stuff! I do pay for it, and sometimes I regret it. But at other times, I'm glad I didn't miss out on the memories. I try not to do it too often. Hope you're feeling better.

Summer