Twitching...

Okay so I feel like a freak when i'm sitting at home or out with friends and different body parts start twitching.... i've had my fingers and thumbs do it, my toes, even my eyes! Anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it? Seems like it's a neuro thing but i've been checked over by neuros what seems to be about a thousand times and they haven't found anything...

I have muscle twitches that started with my fingers, top of my feet and then just about everywhere all through the day. When they first started almost two years ago (I wrote down the day), I thought they must be neurological. It was like a signals from my brain were causing misfirings all over my body. Anyway, I now have obvious muscle twitches in my legs and especially my arms. My arms are getting weaker and I am losing muscle tone. I feel like if I stop moving (and I want to), I won't be able to use them at all. Don't know what is wrong.

Good luck!

Michelle F.

I have lots of twitching in my pointer fingers. They kind of do a "dance" like they have a mind of their own. My POTS doctor did a nerve study and discovered I have nerve damage in both arms. He said this is something that happens with POTS and also with diabetes...not sure which did it for me. When it is real bad, I have to wear wrist splints to get relief. It comes with a burning sensation and pain.

It seems like some part or another of my body is twitching at all times. I just let it ride. It hasn't ever hurt, just annoying. It may last a couple minutes or a couple hours. I've never done tests or anything for it. Once again, you all have shown me that I'm not alone. The more I'm on this site, the more I learn!

Hollie