Pots Party!

firewatcher

Lets have a POTS (with NO pity) Party! What would you bring if all the party participants were dysautonomiacs? I'll bring the hundred-gallon fountain of gatorade, salty pretzels and tiny bran muffins (no tofu manicotti, that's the other thread!)

Next?

P.S. I'll also bring the air tank, cause I don't think any of us could blow up balloons! :rolleyes:

Jennifer

I'll bring the memory foam mattresses to cover the floor and all the hard surfaces...that way anyone who suddenly takes a tumble will just land softly on a lovely foam floor. :)

Guest tearose

Comfy soft pillows, a selection of baked goods, flowers, seat canes.

I'd invite the makers of compression garments to help subsidize the party and give party favors of compression panty hose!

I'd go over to where God was sitting and ask her "What were YOU thinking?

I'd be so happy to see in person my dinet family having a good time!

nice diversion for my thoughts...

thanks!

tearose

Comfy soft pillows, a selection of baked goods, flowers, seat canes.

I'd invite the makers of compression garments to help subsidize the party and give party favors of compression panty hose!

I'd go over to where God was sitting and ask her "What were YOU thinking?

I'd be so happy to see in person my dinet family having a good time!

nice diversion for my thoughts...

thanks!

tearose

Someday, we shall have this party and we will DANCE! Not this lifetime maybe, but in my hope for forever.

I would bring good movies to watch so that all the conversing with friends I see don't over-stimulate my ANS... so we could quietly sit together and enjoy the presence of each other without being in an exhausting social setting :)

I'll bring a basketful of sunglasses! I'll also chip in for a keg of Green Rain Gatorade- it's the only flavor I can stomache :) And lots of peanut butter crackers and chicken noodle soup and a case of Morton salt. Ha- this could be fun!

Carmen

Since my daughter is the one who suffers, and I'm only here because of her---I will bring gentle hugs to pass around to the party.....And I will be happy to serve everyone... That is my contribution to the party , its what I'm best at, being a caregiver---- :(:rolleyes:

May God truly bless you. Mothers are the unsung heroes of human history. No one can understand the love and sacrifice that is demanded to be a mother and do it well.

Thank you.

Good Movies, CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS, comfy clothes, and COMFY seating. :)

We can also have alcohol free margaritas WITH SALT.

Maxine :0)

1 lb. wedge of honeydew melon, seeded

? c. lemon juice

? c. orange juice

3 tbsp. Splenda

4 lemon or lime slices (optional)

coarse kosher salt for rim of glasses (optional)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ALCOHOL FREE MARGARITA

2 cans limeade (12 oz.)

3 liter sparkling water

1 orange, sliced

2 limes, sliced

coarse kosher salt

Mix together in large bowl. Add crushed or cubed ice. Makes 12 (8 ounce) cups.

Add salt to rim of glass.

Maxine :0)

Lets have a POTS (with NO pity) Party! What would you bring if all the party participants were dysautonomiacs? I'll bring the hundred-gallon fountain of gatorade, salty pretzels and tiny bran muffins (no tofu manicotti, that's the other thread!)

Next?

P.S. I'll also bring the air tank, cause I don't think any of us could blow up balloons! :)

Jennifer

This is a great idea! I will bring an air conditoner and a heater, it is a very fine line for comfort. My boys will bring the humor, they think it is really funny to tell people their mom has went to POT!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bring personal mini fans that we can give out as party favors, and some salty tortilla chips to enjoy with the virgin-margaritas! I'll bring my puppy too, he is funny to watch and can provide entertainment and keep some of the kids occupied so their parents can relax!

Oh and we can make jello shots out of gatorade lol.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK this is rude but we could all bring our meds and swap! Im not sure what's hurting or helping. We could have standing contests... that would be "fun" :(

I needed a good chuckle. I got it from "standing contests." The visual is crazy. I guess I'll bring plenty of padding to fully pad the room- floors and walls- never know with us crazy potsies, drinking all of those Margaritas and doing Gatorade shots while standing till we drop.