Woke Up To A Disturbing Phone Call

lorrie

I was sleeping soundly this morning when the phone rang...it was my PCP with some news I wasn't expecting. He said after the recent testing, he discovered I have some kidney damage. I was half asleep and with the early morning brain fog, I couldn't think to ask questions. I now wish I had because I'm not sure what this all means. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks but it is going to drive me crazy.

Not sure where it comes from or how bad it is. I have diabetes, but it stays in pretty good control. I know that if diabetes is not well controlled, it can cause kidney problems with protein in the urine.

I also have had tons of kidney stones and just a few weeks ago passed a few that had been painfully stuck in a tube. I have had on and off blood in the urine and thought it was from the stones. Now I am wondering it is from the stones or not.

No real question here...just wanted to share. I'm feeling a little upset and worried. I don't need anything else to deal with. Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear that, but to ease some of your concerns and bring some peace to your mind, can't you call back and speak to the doctor before your appointment? Maybe take a few minutes, write down some questions and call. Tell them that you were half asleep when the Dr. called and you have some questions/concerns that need to be addressed before your appt.,especially since it is not right away.

At least you will then have some time to do some research and get any other questions ready.

Please let us know. :)

Guest tearose

Yes, this is disturbing and I suggest the same, catch your breath, write your questions down and call back.

I hope there is a way to reverse the damage.

take care,

tearose

Well, I called the doctor's office this morning and he is out of the office until the week of my appointment. I guess that makes sense now why he called early morning...he usually calls at night. The receptionist told me no one else could discuss this with me. I asked for the nurse (got her voice mail and never heard back).

Trying to just block it from my mind and wait it out. I guess if it were too bad, he would have gotten in a bigger hurry to do something. I'll let you know when I get answers.

Hi,

I wish you had been able to find out more sooner for your own peace of mind, but I think you have the best outlook in trying to not worry about it too much. It is crazy that he called early and told you all this while you were still half asleep. I know I probably wouldn't remember much, and probably later would have an issue remembering if it was a dream or not. :blink:

I hope you find some answers soon, and that it is reversable or very minor and how to avoid further damage. It I guess could be possible it was from having multiple kidney stones so close together and your body needs to heal. I hope you are able to block it from your mind at least somewhat until the appointment.

Thinking positive healing thoughts! :)