Provigil (modafinil) - Anyone Tried It?

ironsc

Heylo everybody!

Just wondering if anyone else here has had Provigil in their treatment. It's a non-amphetamine stimulant being used to treat my fatigue and sleepiness.

If you've used it, just wondering what you felt about it, or any concerns it might have brought up.

Thanks, and stay happy!

Cam

I have used some sample packs of Provigil. It definitely helped me. In fact, it would go on my list of most helpful meds ever. My insurance won't cover it, though, so I can't afford to take it every day. I do have some sample packs that I keep for a boost on the really bad days, or when I know there is a "big" day (going to someone's house for dinner, needing to take care of my son by myself all day, wanting to try to exercise, etc.)

Rachel

It definitely helped me. In fact, it would go on my list of most helpful meds ever. My insurance won't cover it, though, so I can't afford to take it every day.

It's very expensive. I think on the order of $10 a pill, and my insurance covers 2/3rds of it. So far, it seems to help. I'm even considering finally being able to get out of the house on my own, now that I may have the energy. I just don't like the fact I have to pay $10 every day I want to be active. Best thing I can do is make it worth every penny.

But it's giving me hope that I'll have the energy (and no strong urges to sleep all the time) to finally persue something I've always wanted - Martial Arts (purely for exercise of the mind and body, not for sparring).

Thanks for sharing your input, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Cam