It's Apparently My Turn For It All To Get To Me

Guest Sandy Sims

So glad you are able to rest and feel some better. It's just so odd that I too am now allergic to all sorts of odd things--I miss my chinese food--but they LIE--it ALL has MSG--and then my body freaks for weeks! This is why I asked what it was--my teeth are also VERY sensitve and I have bad osteoporosis. So I use all sorts of sensitive teeth stuff and did NOT want to get the wrong one.

Thanks for saving me from this one, g'friend!

But SOOO sorry you're having to deal with it!

XOXOXOXOX

Keep on feeling better!

Rest, drink, move when you can, rest some more.

Sandy

These were definitely canker sores---since stopping the paste, they've gotten a bit better every day. The location, size and color of the ulcers didn't match oral herpes, and it wasn't strep as it started while I was already on an antibiotic for several days--and again, it didn't match strep for the size and location of the ulcers. But thanks for the concerns ;)

After this last nap, my mouth actually feels okay--not perfect, but okay enough to maybe have some grapefruit juice without pain.

I have to tell you guys something funny. I was extra symptomatic with autonomic stuff all week and there was one extra reason that didn't become clear until yesterday morning: Teri accidentally bought DECAFFEINATED coffee and we'd been drinking it all week long. Sure explains the booming headache I had last weekend (and hers!). While I was at my conference for work Mon through Fri, I was drinking extra cups of coffee, so that probably helped me from crashing big time in public--and then on Friday am, I was too exhausted to make any before I left the house, so I stopped on the way and picked up a cup of DunkinDonut's coffee. At least I know I got some real caffeine that morning! Oy.

I'm way late chiming in too but just wanted to say I feel for you and I'm sorry about your mouth! I have the same problem with toothpastes...my gums slough and I get cankers everywhere. Sounds like you've already found a few toothpastes that might work for you, but I've found that organic nontoxic toothpastes like Tom's and JASON and you can get a lot of them at regular grocery stores. Tom's has been good to my gums, so I like it so far. :)

Good luck feeling better soon!!!

Lauren

Nina, I had tears just reading your posts. I'm glad you're doing better, but you've been through the mill, and I feel for you. I don't suffer with mouth sores (one of the few things I don't get), but I do know suffering, and I could certainly hear it in your post. I'm so sorry for your pain (physical and emotional). I know how you feel when it feels like what else can happen to me-- Awwww, to heck with it!!!! I'll just go to bed and never get up!

I have a saying on my bulletin board, right above my computer, that I put in my "Hello" sheet to be given to those who come to this support group I'm facilitating. It reads, "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

That's you.

I hope you continue to feel better.

Lindajoy