Prayer

sheba

Guest tearose

You can be reassured you are in my prayers!

I am sorry it is hard right now. Please know that although you are "by yourself" we here are sitting beside you!

Can you put into words what is the most difficult symptom you are struggling with?

Please know that you truly have people who will hold you in their hearts and prayers/meditations and you are NOT spiritually alone!

gentle hug,

tearose

I just said a prayer for you. I know how difficult this can be. Sometimes I feel like no one around me understands. I pray God will uplift you and help you through this depression.

Im Sheba, guys and Im from Miami Florida 33 years old. My biggest POTS issues first off is the tachycardia and some chest pains like a tingling irritation, also some body aches. I also have some panic issues lately mostly from fear. My biggest problem is accepting these new life changes and Im putting alot of stress on my body. I appreciate the prayers and the responses. The reason I feel scared is because Inoticed my heart rate is really slow at night when resting and Im scared to sleep at night. This so unreal to me and I know I have to just get on with my life but Im sort of stuck. How can I adjust to this?

Im Sheba, guys and Im from Miami Florida 33 years old. My biggest POTS issues first off is the tachycardia and some chest pains like a tingling irritation, also some body aches. I also have some panic issues lately mostly from fear. My biggest problem is accepting these new life changes and Im putting alot of stress on my body. I appreciate the prayers and the responses. The reason I feel scared is because Inoticed my heart rate is really slow at night when resting and Im scared to sleep at night. This so unreal to me and I know I have to just get on with my life but Im sort of stuck. How can I adjust to this?

I also notice my heart rate slows down at night. How low are we talking here? Mine goes down into the 50s when I am lying in bed. I have been woken up several times in the middle of the night with a thumping heart caused by bradycardia (too low of a heart rate). It scared me a little at first, too, but I've learned that if I elevate the top portion of my body through use of pillows my heart rate will not dip down so low as to cause problems like that. You can see my other post about it.

James

Hi,

Our bodies are supposed to go into a lower HR etc. when we sleep. I do not know of any correlation off the top of my head of dysautonomia (including POTS) with having dangerously low HR's etc. Possibly, if taking a new med your body is doing what it has supposed to have been doing, and it wasn't before, so now it feels weird? Or if you spend all day at a higher HR it feels "off" at night when it drops to "normal"? Not sure... But, your body should protect itself from any issue, and wake you up etc.

Lack of sleep can make all symptoms worse, so sleep is important. (This coming from someone who has not slept more than a hour at a time- for a total of three hours a day tops, for at least a week or so... :blink::):o- I stopped the Adderall Sat. and am still being annoyed! :P )

Possibly, for those who have this occur tilting the head of the bed might help. I know it is used to keep BP higher overnight, and decrease the amount of fluid lost to the kidneys overnight, so you wake up less "dehydrated". Maybe someone else knows...

Happy sleeping!!! :)