Sleep Apnea? Horrible Nightmares And Wierd Coincidences

:) i am really freaked out today as last night i was having horrible nightmares about an evil presence in my house that was after me...i woke up gasping and felt somthing like air going into my mouth...because i was so scared i turned on the tv (it was like 3:45 am) it went to some wierd channel like 205 and their was a movie just starting called "nightmare"...then i hit info to see what it was about and lo and behold it was about a girl who was having dreams of an evil presence and having sleep paralisis and it seemed all to real...! thAts that the info button said! i think theres somthing bad around me making me sick to some degree....i am catholic and havent been myself lately...alot of strange things have happened to me since i was 18...i am 24 now... i got sick when i was 22 with pots...i dont know whats happening here

It does sound like sleep paralysis. I think I remember seeing you post before about sleep issues. I"ve had these two, but have since been diagnosed with apnea and am being treated. My sleep is tons better and much less eventful. I'd push to get a sleep study.

I think apnea can worsen sleep paralysis?

And you don;t have to be male, overweight, or middle aged to have apnea. and apnea is just one sleep problem.

You know, I'm someone who has a lot of "weird" coincidences throughout my life. I'll often dream of someone I haven't seen in a long time and then literally the next morning they'll call me out of the blue. I've had horrible nightmares that people I care about are in danger and then very shortly thereafter they get bad news. I've been driving along in the car singing a song to myself, only to turn on the radio and have the exact same song come on in the exact phrase I was singing. Over time, I've come to realize that these "weird coincidences" are just that -- coincidences. While I can imagine that your experience, your nightmare and then turning on the TV to find your nightmare mirrored, would be very very scary. But if it happened to me, I personally wouldn't believe it was anything more than a creepy coincidence.

If you're worried though, maybe you'd feel better if you talked to someone in real time about it? You mentioned you're catholic - perhaps it would help you to talk to your priest about your worries? Or another close mentor-like figure?

Hope you feel more at ease soon,

jump