Pots On Youtube

Did anybody see the POTS clips on YouTube? One got over a thousand views. I think that's great for awareness. Is the DINET documentary on POTS finished yet? Can we put it on YouTube?

If you want to check out the clip I mentioned, go to www.youtube.com and search postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. There are few homemade type clips availible.

Hi,

I watched a few of the links. Some are very informative. Others are difficult to watch because the people are sick and it made me feel sad for them. I would like to help them but I feel helpless in doing so.

Thanks for the link.

I'm really glad you pointed out these clips!

Part of me really wants to send the informational one to my family and friends, but a lot of the people in my life are really resistant to that sort of thing because they think I'm making a big deal out of nothing. Whenever I show them an article or something about someone with POTS they say, "Well, you aren't that sick, this isn't like you at all." And it's true, I'm lucky, I'm not bed-ridden and have not had to spend a lot of time in the hospital. But I do feel sick every day, kind of like always having the flu - I just don't talk about it much because what's the point? The symptoms are always there. If I told my friends and family about it every time I was feeling crappy it's all we'd ever talk about!! :) But they seem reluctant to believe that I even feel sick at all, and when I try to give them information, it almost makes it worse, because they insist that I'm nothing like other people with this syndrome.

jump