Are These Pots/ncs Symptoms

maryfw

Over the weekend I had a rough couple of days and wonder if these are pots/ncs symptoms or more like fibromyalgia symptoms. I felt incredibly heavy like my legs weighed 100 lbs. I felt weak and fatigued. I didnt really hurt but I just felt fatigued. One morning when I woke up it felt like I couldnt see straight, like when I walked it felt like my brain was floating around in my head.

I have also been having night sweats even though I am on the Depo shot.

mary

I don't know anything about fibromyalgia or what it feels like, but heavy legs is soooo POTS to me. I get visual disturbance problems from POTS too....it varies, but something like what you described is pulsating blurriness (that goes in and out with my pulse), which usually precedes an episode for me. Once I start blinking to focus, I know I'm on my way out. Heavy legs is bc of blood pooling. Are you having a lot of tachy, brady, or circulation problems these days?

Sorry that it sound like you're having a flare-up. Hope you get through it fast.

I think it may have been a mediation reaction. I realized that at about 2am in the morning on that day I took some of my husbands medication instead of mine. OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS. I realized it last night when looking through ours meds (yes they were in the same drawer) and thought I had mine and felt the pill and realized it. I have moved my meds. I am actually kinda happy to know it was just the medication and not a flare up.

mary

I haven't been on any meds so that isn't what's causing my problem. The first symptoms for me were unusually low BP, extreme fatigue, light-headedness and loss of balance.

Then one day on my walk, I realized that something really worrisome was happening. I was barely able to make it home because suddenly my legs became heavy, achy and tired. I felt like I was dragging 100 lb weights along with me.

Research suggested that this was due to my varicose veins. An ultra sound at a vein clinic showed that blood was pooling in my legs and this caused my leg problem.

Still, I'd had varicose veins before and never had the heavy, etc, legs. Things worsened and symptoms increased so I finally saw a neurologist who diagnosed PAF or OH. I came to realize that both the veins and OH contributed to the problem.

The vein clinic doctor told me that vein removal would not eliminate the fatigue, loss of balance, etc, so perhaps he knew that something else was wrong as well but didn't feel it was his plsce to inform me of his suspicions.

Mary P