Shortness Of Breath / Pressure In Chest

Hello,

I've experienced a feeling of pressure in my chest that makes me feel short of breath before but it's never been quite this consistent. I've noticed it ever since the weather began to get humid and the daytime high's are consistently in the 80's (about 2 weeks now). Could this be caused by the summer like weather?

What are your experiences with this symptom? Does this get worse with heat for you. (The weird part is that I'm not even spending much time outside.)

Thanks for any input!

Lisa

Guest tearose

I felt this today! I was in full compression, hydrated, etc. and all of a sudden I found myself short of breath, feeling a heaviness in my chest and started to feel my heart rate begin to climb.

It was warm but the humidity was very heavy and I felt like breathing was a challenge.

I needed to rest and drink to help stabilize. It is not usually this bad so I assumed it was the weather. We are entering a four day HHH phase so I plan on staying at home in a more controlled environment. If I don't see an improvement when the humidity lifts, I will call my pcp.

If you can't manage on your own do make a call to your doc.

take care,

tearose

Count me in... ever since the temp has been above 90 for the last 3 weeks, I have had several bouts of tight chest and loss of breath. I am convinced that the ambient temp outside (even though I rarely go outside) is the culprit.

Hi

I have become increasingly heat intolerant with POTS, but humidity is the bigger problem. I live in the UK so this is not a big issue most of the year, though when it is hot we aren't really geared up with fans, aircon etc and my workplace gets ridiculously hot.

I once went to the Carribean on holiday and although it wasn't that hot (80 - 85F) and there was a breeze, the humidity made me very ill. I felt like someone was sat on my chest and could hardly manage to walk any distance (like I'd suddenly aged 50 years!!) I spent my time moving from one air-conditioned area to another and had to minimise any sightseeing/walking in open air. This instantly reversed on returning to London.

Frankly, I'm amazed how you guys manage living in hot climates.

Best wishes,

Cath

Hello,

Thanks so much for your input. It's just nice to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Take care, ;)

Lisa