Can You Relate?

futurehope

I was deeply touched by your outlook on life. I have finally decided to give myself a break. I cannot do certain things right now, but I do believe I will be able to again. I will not give up on that, but like you, I feel that I have learned a lot during this time in my life. I too am more understanding and compassionate, more appreciative, and definitely less self-centered. Like many others here, I force myself to do good unto others regardless of how I "feel". I thank God to have found this forum, and I will continue to pray for answers. God bless,

Cathy

FH, Good for you and I pray that now you have made your decision, 1) your family will accept it and 2) you will not harbour any guilt.

In my family we joke in a good way, that any trip requires planning that seems more like a military operation...some times it is just too much though!

Emjoy a peaceful and relaxing weekend now that the agonizing is over.

Here's a phrase given to me some time ago ....

NO BLAME

NO GUILT

NO COMPARING MYSELF TO OTHERS

NO EXPECTATIONS

NO EXCEPTIONS!

I have to read it over and over again, but it is certainly something to strive for.

FH -- remember you are a pioneer. This is uncharted territory for us (and our loved ones) and you are doing a remarkable job educating yourself and making informed decisions. I believe some of this has to sink in through osmosis for our partners even if they don't read our posts. It's not easy to live with your head in the sand when your partner is blazing new trails through the dunes of the desert.

Congratulations on your decision. You are very brave to stick this out on your own with your trusty fido by your side. Just picture them all doing the chicken dance and you'll KNOW you made the right decision.

As I read all the threads and felt my own heart strings resonate with so many of the stories, I thought how wonderful it would be if we had a phone list. Sometimes just hearing a friendly voice from someone who understands makes all the difference.

In any event, its so good to have this board to turn to. Many thanks to all that support this site.

EM

boy, that played out like one heck of a good therapy session! wow! i loved it!

it was so great to see the whole process unfold...the pros and cons from everyone and then, futurehope, you making the final decision...the one that is right for you!

yeah! i love what everyone has said on this post and so much of it rings true for me too...

that sort of decision and process is something i feel like i go through day in and day out...and it was really great to process something like that as a group...and see how others feel while making these decisions. EM...love the quote you put up. i have to write that down!

FH...you go! i commend you are TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF....

maybe the queit weekend can turn into a big treat (i.e. doing only what you want to do!) :)

okay, battery is about to go on computer here....oops....

thanks for sharing your dilemna and decision making process...it helped me to see that we all go through this in much the same ways!

i'm so sleepy, i must not be making any sense...sorry...

emily